Java Software Engineer
- 3050 Broad St. Suite 101, San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Postal.io is an integrated direct mail platform for sales and marketing teams that leverages machine learning to automate and optimize the delivery and reporting of personalized physical assets in the sales process. The system can easily integrate with existing CRM systems, Sales and Marketing Automation Platforms, or can be used independently.
Postal.io is a venture-backed startup, lead by a nationally recognized founding team with multiple successful $mm exits. We are based in beautiful San Luis Obispo within walking/biking distance to restaurants, SLO airport, wineries, and athletic clubs. Our people are our #1 priority and we looking for the best of breed.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing and improving our award-winning platform. This is an opportunity to be a key player in shaping the technical organization of the company by working on the backend stack of our platform including:
- Backend Processes (Java)
- NoSQL Databases
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- You will work with our sales team, customers, and technology staff to accurately interpret requirements, specifications, and models to develop front-end and/or backend code for the appropriate solution
- Liaise with team members to keep updates documentation of process, workflows and user requirements.
- Be the go-to person to recommend, design, develop, test, implement/automate, and support creative and optimal data solutions.
- Communicate project status, issues, and accomplishments periodically to staff and users requesting reports.
- Assist other employees in data integration tools, programs, and processes
- Be excited to grow as a developer and as a person
- Bachelor's Degree (CS or similar)
- Java development experience
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise software L2 support
- Experience running a CI/CD pipeline
- Web Technologies, REST APIs, XML, JSON knowledge required
- Bonus points for Integration with CRM, Sales or Marketing Automation Systems
- Experience collaborating to articulate technical issues and requirements to both vendors and internal technical teams
- Process documentation and process improvement experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle high-urgency situations and priorities at a time
- Positive attitude and open mind - we're a startup so be excited and be ready for the unexpected!
We are not an ordinary tech startup. We believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes from a strong company culture. We have high expectations for our employees and ask that they have the same for us. Perks include daily continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, office dog of the week, company outings, and more.