Product Designer (UI/UX)
Portonics is a team of technology consultants that specialize in application design, software & mobile application development. Our goal is to help clients understand and make full use of digital technology that can heighten brand awareness and lead to better business.
We are a diverse team of engineers, analysts, solution architects working on the latest technologies, and running a wide range of projects from business-critical applications to applications serving a large number of customers daily.
We build and manage in-house, client products, and end-to-end services locally and globally. Services include server management, software management, networking, development, deployments, information security and consultancy.
We are an agile team who are very passionate about what we build. We design solutions to reduce/automate operations. Along with building custom solutions, we leverage open source technologies. Our teams build, manage, and automate monitoring systems, alerting, and deployments.
As a digital transformation team, we are big on Dev, DevOps culture, and collaboration.
UI/UX designers are the creative minds of the company. They create and design new ideas and turn them into visible content. They will be creative thinkers who will work with the business team and technical teams to understand the requirements and help the development team in delivering the projects.
If you love to create, and design and adapt to new technologies quickly then the below applies to you:
The individual needs to proactively gather requirements from the business team, understand, analyze, and document them;
Design for a wide range of environments—websites, web apps, mobile apps, email, user flows, etc.
Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions;
Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering;
Bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks;
Build prototypes with wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to solicit customer and internal colleague feedback, identify and define problems to be solved;
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 3+ years of industry experience including working with a software engineering team or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, Human Interaction Design, or related;
Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction with the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively;
Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders;
Being current and staying on top of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies;
Solid experience with a robust portfolio in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps;
Good to have:
- Proficiency in Sketch, Affinity Designer, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools as well as rapid prototyping with Marvel, InVision, Principle, or equivalents;
- Communication skill is very important for this role; our engineers work across every team in the organization. Applicants should be able to communicate not only with other developers but also with management, non-tech team members & external parties.
- Someone who will take ownership of a feature or application from initial conception through release while also assisting others when the need arises.
- Have an understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tool for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency.
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies and skills as new technology is introduced.
- Sound mature judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- We are looking for honest, dedicated, and responsible individuals.