Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
Portonics is a team of technology consultants that specialize in application design, software & mobile application development. Our goal is to help clients understand and make full use of digital technology that can heighten brand awareness and lead to better business.
We are a diverse team of engineers, analysts, solution architects working on the latest technologies, and running a wide range of projects from business-critical applications to applications serving a large number of customers daily.
We build and manage in-house, client products, and end-to-end services locally and globally. Services include server management, software management, networking, development, deployments, information security and consultancy.
We are an agile team who are very passionate about what we build. We design solutions to reduce/automate operations. Along with building custom solutions, we leverage open source technologies. Our teams build, manage, automate monitoring systems, alerting and deployments.
As a digital transformation team, we are big on Dev, DevOps culture, and collaboration.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Portonics, you will create complex solutions and play a lead role within the project team.
You will be responsible for full lifecycle development and must be able to articulate design decisions and translate business requirements/user stories into the application logic. Our Engineers are a driving force behind the success of our projects. We're looking for motivated individuals who keep an eye on trends, new technology in the industry, and are eager to tackle challenging troubleshooting and development tasks.
If you have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly then the below applies to you:
- Must have sound knowledge of object-oriented PHP (PHP7 and above);
- Knowledge in other high level languages like NodeJs, Python & Golang is also required;
- Employing secure coding practices including familiarity with OWASP top ten or similar;
- Strong knowledge of MySQL & PostgreSQL, including writing and optimizing queries;
- Strong knowledge of Redis;
- Have basic knowledge of the automated Deployment Process (Zero downtime deployment, Jenkins, Deployment Pipelines);
- Will guide and manage teams of engineers within a project team;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 3+ years industry experience including backend development or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented programming language;
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts;
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D;
- Experience with memory and space optimization;
- Knowledge of scripting, animation, session management, and textures;
- Familiarity with JIRA Service Desk, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana and similar tools is a plus;
- Experience to work with ELK / EFK stack;
- Experience in development, deployment using Docker, Kubernetes;
- Strong Experience with web services, and AWS technologies;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Communication skill is very important for this role; our engineers work across every team in the organization. Applicants should be able to communicate not only with other developers but also with management, non-tech team members & external parties.
- Someone who will take ownership of a feature or application from initial conception through release while also assisting others when the need arises.
- Have an understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tool for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency.
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies and skills as new technology is introduced.
- Sound mature judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- We are looking for honest, dedicated and responsible individuals.