Senior Software Engineer
- Road 6, Gulshan 1, Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
Portonics is a team of technology consultants that specialize in application design, software & mobile application development. Our goal is to help clients understand and make full use of digital technology that can heighten brand awareness and lead to better business.
We are a diverse team of talented individuals working on the newest technologies and running multiple projects serving 10M+ customers daily. We manage multiple clients end-to-end services in and outside Bangladesh. Services include server management, software management, networking, development, deployments, security for several enterprises.
You will get the opportunity to work with the best technical, business teams in the country.
Opportunity to work with renowned global companies.
We are looking for young enthusiastic individuals who are passionate and very serious about web development. If you have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly then the below applies to you.
The position is primarily for the role of PHP-MySQL.
- Proficient in PHP and MYSQL;
- Develop, integrate, test, and deliver software product features and sub systems;
- Create well-documented, well-designed, and reusable code in accordance with standard practices;
- Participate in code reviews, architectural reviews, and proposed improvement discussions;
- Work as a member of a cross-functional Agile team and help to improve best practices and standards;
- Must have sound knowledge on object oriented PHP (PHP5).
- Need to have experience on PHP frameworks such as CodeIgniter / Zend.
- Maintaining coding standard and documentation;
- Experience in development, deployment and design of web applications using LAMP and WAMP;
- Need to be very keen to learn modern web technologies;
- Preferably B.Sc in Computer Science or similar discipline, educational qualifications will be relaxed for experienced candidates
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering with at least one MVC framework;
- Experience with peer code review practices, such as use of GitHub Pull Requests;
- Experience working with issue and task management software, such as Atlassian JIRA or similar;
- At least 4-6 years of relevant working experiences with reputed companies;
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with mocks and subs
- Strong understanding of enterprise development patterns;
- Experience with web services, and AWS technologies;
- Strong knowledge of MySQL, including writing and optimizing queries;
- Have an understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tool for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency;
- Employing secure coding practices including familiarity with OWASP top ten;
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies and skills as new technology is introduced;
- Sound mature judgement and decision-making ability;
- Ability to work independently with all levels of team members within the Company and external parties;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- We are looking for honest, dedicated and responsible individuals;