Technical Solution Architect
- Gulshan Ave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Portonics is a team of technology consultants that specialize in application design, software & mobile application development. Our goal is to help clients understand and make full use of digital technology that can heighten brand awareness and lead to better business.
We are a diverse team of talented individuals working on the newest technologies and running multiple projects serving 10M+ customers daily. We manage multiple clients end-to-end services in and outside Bangladesh. Services include server management, software management, networking, development, deployments, security for several enterprises.
You will get the opportunity to work with the best technical, business teams in the country.
Opportunity to work with renowned global companies.
Working on projects and platforms that are paving the way for large corporations within Bangladesh and the rest of the world.
We are a very agile team who are very passionate about what we build. We also design solutions to automate operations work reducing redundant work.
We leverage open source technologies and automate all our monitoring/alerting and deployments.
The Solution Architect is responsible for driving the architectural plans and designs for various functional application domains. These activities will enable the company to support our clients’ business strategies, objectives and technological advancements.
- Solution Architect would usually have better domain expertise and good grasp on usage and limitations of technology;
- takes a holistic approach to understand the customer problems and tries to bring the best possible feature set (Solutions);
- responsible for prioritizing the solutions that needed to be implemented;
- writes "user stories" which narrates the actual workflow the customer is going to expect out of the final deliverable (Software ).
- has to be friends with technology team as well, to drill down real objective in their mind which customer would be delighted to address;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 5+ years industry experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- 4 – 6 years’ broad IT application development experience with modern languages and techniques (Php preferred);
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in developing shared or enterprise architecture and communicating those designs to other stakeholders;
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in developing technology roadmaps associated with a specific product or functional domain;
- Extensive experience in providing solutions in the areas of custom application development, mobile solutions, digital experience and cloud solutions;
- Proven experience translating business requirements into functioning architecture;
- Proven experience understanding customer challenges and providing solutions;
- Ability to facilitate technology planning activities and relating architecture to both business and IT stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills – ability to translate technical jargon into understandable terminology. Able to communicate with all organizational levels;
- Outstanding listening skills – ability to embrace competing arguments, find common ground and align for the best solution;
- Inquisitive by nature, ability to question approaches, assumptions and decisions to gain the best solution possible;
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to evaluate and solve complex problems in conventional and non-conventional ways;
- Perform a consulting role with leadership in both business and application development in order to drive best in class technology solutions;
- Act as a subject matter expert providing the vision and strategy for functional application domain architecture;
- Develop in-depth assessments which validate specific technology and architecture directions as appropriate for business solutions;
- Work collaboratively with clients and delivery team to develop and maintain business domain roadmaps aligned with broader enterprise technology strategy;
- Design and take ownership of enterprise architecture concepts and practices;
- Coordinate and communicate enterprise architecture concerns to other architects and application development teams;
- Communicate concepts and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization;
- Research and evangelize software development and enterprise architecture best practices;
- This role will require to travel or relocate to different countries depending on the operational needs;