Growth Marketing Internship - local candidates only (San Diego)
- 750 B St, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Portfolium partners with colleges & universities to help students connect learning with opportunity. Our ePortfolio network helps 3.5M+ students from over 180 partner institutions manage their skills and launch their careers. Portfolium's cloud-based platform empowers students with lifelong opportunities to capture, curate, and convert skills into job offers, while giving learning institutions and employers the tools they need to assess competencies and recruit talent.
The Growth Marketing (paid) intern role is multifaceted and incredibly valuable to the company. Your goal will be to assist with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). You will enhance our close-knit marketing team by helping us with creating conversion paths, landing page development and optimization, A/B testing, email optimization, account-based marketing tactics, paid social, and so much more. We are a fast-paced startup - you will learn a lot, and we are hoping to learn from you, too!
- Minimum completion of 2 years toward a Bachelor’s degree - emphasized in marketing, business, communications, or advertising
- Must be excited about growth hacking and marketing and testing/measuring new ideas
- Must have a technical and analytical mindset
- Must be a fast learner and self-motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills, can communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Must be a local candidate that lives in San Diego City limits (your area code starts with "921") with the ability to travel to our San Diego office
- Dedicate 10-15 hrs/week starting in January and going through March (exact dates to be decided in conjunction with the selected candidate) with option to continue for additional semesters upon Portfolium's invitation
- Work schedule is generally during the work day but is flexible to accommodate class schedule, etc.
- Knowledge of HubSpot's Marketing Suite - Building landing pages, CTAs, emails, campaigns and workflows
- SEO - Basic knowledge of what it is and how to improve it
- Analytics and Reporting - Ability to understand and create Google Analytics reports and HubSpot Dashboards
*Nice to Have*
- Certifications (https://academy.hubspot.com/certification)
- HubSpot Marketing Software Certification
- Content Marketing Certification
- Email Marketing Certification
- A/B Testing
- Website copywriting
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
- Basic HTML and/or CSS - Ability to make and modify landing pages and email templates in HubSpot, Wordpress, etc.
- Excel - Ability to check and manipulate data using pivot tables and VLOOKUPS
How to Apply:
Of the skills that we are interested in, let us know which one(s) your best at, which one(s) your worst at and which ones you'd like to improve the most.
****Additionally, please include a Portfolium entry that showcases why you're a good fit for this position. We will not accept any application without a link to your Portfolium account pointing out entries you deem relevant to the marketing internship here. See below for more details.****
Examples of what to share:
- a recent Marketing class project
- a blog post you authored that shows your writing skills
- a research project you recently worked on
- work from a recent internship
- Project that proves your skills in analytics and reporting
- Three-year-old HOT startup – successful and growing, growing, growing
- Downtown San Diego office with views for days
- Phenomenal and smart people work here
- You'll be part of something that is pioneering the way we hire
- You’ll gain valuable knowledge about SaaS sales and marketing, technology and business