Senior Account Executive
- 750 B St, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Portfolium is the world’s fastest growing social network for career-minded college students and recent grads, and we’re headquartered in "America's Finest City;" sunny San Diego! With over 4 million students, 180 colleges, and 10,000 employers, Portfolium has made huge progress and is ready to scale to even greater heights in our mission to help students turn their knowledge into job opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Account Executive will close new business by educating Universities and Higher Education Institutions on using Portfolium’s suite of SaaS-based ePortfolio and assessment services.
A little more about the role, and what is expected:
- Manage a pipeline of inbound leads, SDR generated meetings, target institutions, and deal opportunities from start to close.
- Gather intelligence and manage deal dynamics - client requirements, decision criteria, roadblocks, timeline, budget, and competitors. Provide quotes, pricing and negotiate deals to closing.
- Build rapport and cultivate lasting business relationships with universities through consultative sales tactics, skillful negotiations and objection handling techniques.
- Collaborate with other sales functions and cross-functional teams such as Product and Marketing and smoothly transition newly acquired companies to our Account Management team.
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Meet assigned other Key Performance Indicators/deal activity metrics: Including number of closed deals, demos/meetings with qualified opportunities, and calls and emails with target universities.
- Become a trusted advisor on Portfolium products/solutions to meet the needs of our customer accounts.
- Maintain an on-going account strategy for selling Portfolium’s products and services.
4+ years sales experience in Education Technology with a proven track record of closed business.
You are able to work with minimal supervision; have exceptional time management, organizational and follow-up skills combined with strong attention to detail.
High need for achievement and competition. Loves to compete and win!
Enthusiastic, optimistic and certain of victory. You're a winner.
Coachable. Listens to and implements advice from manager. Wants to learn.
Startup experience a huge plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Three-year-old HOT startup – successful and growing, growing, growing
- Downtown San Diego office with views for days
- Phenomenal and smart people work here
- You'll be part of something that is pioneering the way we hire
- You’ll gain valuable knowledge about SaaS sales and marketing, technology and business