Senior User Experience Designer
- 5 Easey St, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia
Portable is digital innovation and design company proudly based in Collingwood, Australia. We work across multiple sectors delivering meaningful solutions to real problems. This involves engaging with design thinking practice, service design and using the latest technologies for high value service delivery. We like working with government, not for profits and progressive organisations that want to make a difference in the world. We are well known for our work in justice, health and design.
The ability to envision and then design the way in which people experience products, services and content is one of the most inspiring and fulfilling aspects of being a designer. At Portable, we work on products that are reimagining the way in which people experience government, business and the internet in general. We are seeking a service designer to join our team of 15 people and immediately start work on a series of internal and external products.
The right candidate will work side by side our senior team to deliver projects for clients spanning Federal government, justice, corrections, health and a new breed of internet start-ups, as well as lead the growth of several internal products. You’ll tackle complex systems, and use your knowledge, experience and tools to develop intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use stories and prototypes that interface the web and physical world. You’ll have clearly demonstrable experience in Design Thinking and Human Centred Design and use these skills to lead workshops, develop user stories, conduct user research, cultivate insights and oversee the design of customer experiences. You’ll also share the some of the same values as our team: Portable was recently awarded B Corp status and works with organisations and individuals looking to make a positive impact in the world.
- Lead and champion service design and user research within the organisation
- Interface with clients, key stakeholders and end users to host a range of design led workshops, strategy sessions
- Conduct research, chart user stories, conceptualize design outputs, create prototypes and effectively communicate these internal and external stakeholders
- Develop high level documentation to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- A confident communicator: you enjoy working with clients and with teams of people to generate and communicate ideas
- Analytical and Strategic
- Ideally deep learning in a key area
- BA/BS degree qualification (e.g. interaction, graphic, web, visual communications, product, industrial... it could be anything, but we'd like to know)
- 5+ years experience in key responsibility areas
To be considered, please send us:
- A message outlining why you'd like to join Portable and how you'd fit the role and the culture (crucial, if you don't do this we won't review your application)
- A resume
Please submit your application to us through the I'm Interested button at the bottom and top right corner of the page.