Sr. Nurse Informatics Specialist
- Franklin, TN, USA
At PopHealthCare, our mission is simple - to lead the effort in reimagining how healthcare is delivered. We are bold innovators, dedicated to making a difference and we hire wicked smart people!
PopHealthCare is currently seeking a Senior Clinical Innovations Analyst (Sr. Nurse Informaticist) to work in our corporate office located in Franklin, TN. At PopHealthCare, our mission is simple - to lead the effort in reimagining how healthcare is delivered. We are bold innovators, dedicated to making a difference and we hire wicked smart people! We need sharp and nimble people to join our growing team!
Job Summary: The Senior Clinical Innovations Analyst using their clinical and operational expertise assists in the development and support of clinical and/or business applications, solutions, and business processes to meet the operational and application needs of the organization. The individual will be responsible for gathering and documenting requirements to support projects, tasks, and assignments to fulfill Business needs across Clinical Operations. Participates in the evaluation, redesign, and standardization of workflows and processes.
- Leads requirement definition sessions with business, clinical, and technical stakeholders to better understand functional, data, user interface, and non-functional requirements.
- Documents updates, and manages detailed requirements to ensure repeatable processes and delivery of value.
- Assist with the submission and tracking of clinical & business operations requests via the Enhancement/Change request process.
- Responsible for creating and refining clinical, business, and systems requirements to address clinical/business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution.
- Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional business requirements.
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates the downstream business, systems, processes, and/or organizational impacts.
- Collaborate with both internal and external partners as well as vendors to analyze and prioritize key requirements and tasks.
- Collaborates with Product Owner/Management in the prioritization of the product backlog and tasks.
- Constructs workflow charts and diagrams to help visualize requirements.
- Collaborate with Scrum Team, Stakeholders, and Learning & Organizational Effectiveness team to promote the successful deployment of changes.
- Prioritize assignments and effectively utilize time to manage assigned tasks.
- Escalate known issues and/or risks to appropriate escalation points.
- Develop process maps/workflows and documentation when needed to support business needs.
- Actively participate in a team environment.
- Evaluate existing business processes and recommend improvements based on market and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate to create business models for new innovations, products or services.
- Document workflows, produce business case analyses, contribute to new clinical business development, proposals, and other opportunities.
- Strong working knowledge of current trends in health care.
- Help scale existing as well as new projects company-wide.
- Acts as the application champion by liaising with business stakeholders, application vendors, and other technical/functional teams to understand and analyze business problems and recommend cost-effective and efficient solutions.
- Investigates user problems and needs, identifies their source, and determines possible solutions.
- Seeks guidance from the team as necessary.
- Analyzes user project proposals to include identification of potential problem areas and recommendations for optimum approaches for project path.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of assigned applications and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Facilitates sessions to come up with a shared understanding of a business problem, the possible solutions, and next steps. Documents requirements based on the outcome of the sessions.
- Analyzes vendor content as it is released in order to determine the impact to end users. Recommend needed changes to workflows & enhancement requests to the vendor.
- Provides Level 3 support of assigned applications as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Innovation.
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Clinical Business Analyst experience in a healthcare setting
- 5+ years experience in working knowledge of medical terminology and clinical workflows
- Experience gathering & documenting requirements for Clinical and Business Operations in a healthcare setting
- Proficient with and fully supports the IT project management methodology.
- Must be able to work in both individual and team settings
- Strong documentation skills are a must
- Professional demeanor with polished communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff on clinical and information technology matters
- Ability to create system documentation, education materials, reports, and presentations
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Understanding of relational databases (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of SQL (preferred)
PopHealthCare is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.