Node.js Developer- REMOTE!
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Tools don't keep our systems secure - security analysts do. Polarity helps security analysts detect threats 200% faster with Augmented Reality for their data. Polarity is not a new dashboard to search or a new portal to manage - it augments the analyst's existing workflows, enriching their view as they work. Polarity is an overlay working on top of every tool they use and every workflow they execute. With Polarity, security analysts can spend their time solving problems, not searching for them.
Polarity is looking for a talented Node.js developer to develop and enhance our products. If you are looking to join a startup where you will be a critical member of the team working on hard problems, we would love to talk to you. Your main responsibilities will be crafting and developing our state of the art memory augmentation platform and helping our company grow.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Crafting new software features for our platform
- Modifying existing code and troubleshooting issues when they arise
- Feature development, maintenance, and system design
- Comprehensive testing of the server
- You have experience designing, developing, and maintaining a Node.js based REST API used in a production environment.
- You’ve worked with Express.js, Hapi, Next or comparable Node.js frameworks
- You have hands-on experience with relational databases (ideally PostgreSQL) including the ability to write SQL queries, analyze database performance, maintain database schemas, and write database migrations.
- You are comfortable working with callback-based asynchronous code and promise-based async/await syntax.
- When given a new problem to solve, you are able to perform system research, design, and analysis functions with minimal supervision.
- You would enjoy working on a fully remote engineering team.
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with functional programming. We use a mix of functional and imperative programming styles
- Knowledge of the 12 factor app methodology
- Experience with Typescript or other strongly typed languages
- Experience with Redis
- Enjoy devops.
Polarity is an equal opportunity employer. The position is fully remote based in the United States (you don't need to live in Atlanta)!