- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
Points is looking for a Data Architect to lead our initiatives to better organize, manage and apply our extensive and mission critical data assets.
We are looking for a Data Architect who combines a passion for managing information assets and highly effective cross-functional collaboration skills. In this role, you will have the support of our Data Engineering team, and will work in close collaboration with our Software Engineering, Product and Marketing teams. You will be relied on to lead an inventory and analysis of our current data assets and management practices, and design efficient and durable systems for managing our expanding batch and real-time analytics capabilities. You'll then have the opportunity to lead the execution from the current state to the future state.
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, you will be responsible for the following:
- Inventory and assess the existing assets and practices, while working closely with your colleagues across the business to document sources, uses, and transformations of data
- Lead the development of strategies and designs to achieve a highly scalable and highly available data management platform supporting the Company’s growing global business. This includes communicating with different parts of the business, being able to build and sustain healthy and collaborative working relations.
- Collaborate with the Information Security & Privacy and Legal teams to ensure that regulatory compliance requirements relating to personally identifiable information are efficiently and fully satisfied
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, Finance and Fraud teams to ensure that the operational controls relating to data processing are enabled by the data management tools and practices
- Collaborate with Engineering and IT on systems and practices necessary to support the intake, processing and lifecycle management of corporate data
- Present and discuss data related issued with internal and external stakeholders such as partners, auditors, and regulator.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a technological discipline, including Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or a closely related Business Management program
- Seven+ years experience as a data engineer, data architect or information analyst, with in- depth knowledge of data modeling, analytics and database design
- Experience with data architecture and building highly scalable, highly available data management systems
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential