- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Software Engineering team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re building out our next generation infrastructure here at Points and leveraging automation to maintain and improve our current platforms and processes. We’re looking for a smart and enthusiastic person with a passion for operations to help take our infrastructure to the next level. If you love working in an open, highly collaborative environment making awesome software, then Points is the place for you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Be part of the team to architect and evolve our next generation infrastructure based on Kubernetes
- Build and support CI/CD pipelines (we use GitLab) while meeting software compliance and improve observability of the system through monitoring and alerting
- Migrate our microservices to this new infrastructure
- Manage & build our tooling in Python, GoLang and NodeJs
- Constantly evaluating our current infrastructure and look for areas of improvement
- Good knowledge of Linux systems and networking
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with automation/configuration management (Ansible/puppet)
- Comfortable with Git or other source code management systems
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Our Tech Stack:
- Containers/Orchestration: Kubernetes (Rancher), Docker
- Deployments: Helm
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Zabbix, JIRA, Slack
- Languages: NodeJs, Python, GoLang
- CI/CD: GitLab
- Cloud: AWS
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- VM: oVirt
- OS: CentOS (production), Ubuntu (local)
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women.
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.