Accounts Payable Analyst
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to join our Finance team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be relied upon to ensure accurate and timely payment to all vendors and partners. You will learn the key business drivers and explain the changes in the financial health of our company on a monthly basis. Your professional oral and written communication skills will be vital to ensure vendor and partner relationships are successfully maintained. Our team environment inspires an ambitious attitude that will encourage you to take on new challenges as you become more familiar and proficient in your core responsibilities.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Expense, the Accounts Payable Analyst will be responsible for:
- Processing vendor bills from Trade Vendors and remittances from 3 Line of Business
- Maintaining AP Inbox on daily basis and ensure timely communications for all the email enquiries
- Performing monthly account reconciliations and accruals
- Assisting in preparing monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statement analysis
- Preparing the semi-monthly payment run and obtaining following up on approvals
- Supporting the procurement process; focus is on ensuring all vendor invoices have been accounted for and communication with vendors on payment of invoices
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Reviewing and processing employee expense reimbursements in accordance with approval policies and procedures through Concur
- Creating Ad hoc reports to support the organization
- Participate in Process Improvement projects and further NetSuite enhancements
- University or college degree in management, accounting, finance, or other related field
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years accounting and analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work across all levels
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to meet timelines
- Actively pursuing CPA is an asset
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite is an asset
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.