Development Engineer (React & Python)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 60 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Development Engineer (React & Python) to join our Software Engineering team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading web-based organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Software Engineering, you will join a multidisciplinary team where you will:
- Develop modern front-end applications using React
- Assist with development of REST APIs using Python
- Share responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, designers, and other stakeholders
- Play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers
- Some experience building back-end applications using REST API best practices
- Desire to develop your skills across all levels of the technical stack.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Passion for applying good software design, testing, documentation, and support practices.
- Belief in the importance of teamwork, cooperation, and communication.
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.