Communication and Engagement Specialist
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Communication & Engagement Specialist to join our team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
This role will drive all HR communication and engagement programs to ensure that employees have the information they need and Points builds a strong values based community across our hybrid work culture.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Be a booster of employee fun and wellbeing by coordinating employee engagement programs for our hybrid work culture ensuring that all events are inclusive for employees working in the office and from home (e.g. Holiday Party, Summer Fun, Points Wellness Month, HR Social Calendar)
- Lead the Annual Employee Engagement Survey process including employee communication, survey launch, campaign, hosting employee follow up sessions, following up with leaders on action plans.
- Support Employee Resource Groups with events planning and ensuring employee run committees get the HR support required to be successful.
- Support our new hire onboarding program by coordinating our first-day experience and buddy program. Meet individually, and coordinate Points Welcome Learning sessions for all new employees to build relationships and help them connect to Points values & culture.
- Conduct the 3 month stay interview with our new hires and the hiring manager to evaluate the success of our onboarding experience.
- Partnering with Marketing on our employer branding initiatives, by contributing regular content to the points.com careers page, LinkedIn Lifestyle page and [email protected] Instagram account and by drafting Points award submissions.
- Be connected in the Toronto tech community events, and identify and initiate employer branding events from both an HR Leadership and Talent Acquisition teams to participate in and/or sponsor. (Startup Open House, career fairs, university/college events etc).
- Assist with internal employee communications and announcements including email and slack messages to all employees, maximizing the usage of internal TV screens, bulletin boards and any other channels available.
- Develops and monitors communications metrics, measurement and feedback to ensure communication objectives are achieved.
- Progressive HR experience, with a track record for creativity and innovation.
- Knowledge of communication, marketing and public relations principles. You are passionate about event planning and coordination!
- Proven working knowledge and experience with online/ social communication platforms.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing internal communications programs that reach a diverse employee base.
- Effectively established internal relationships with local and global stakeholders, with a passion for customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement and decision making skills, and the ability to approach problems from a solution-oriented perspective.
- Solid project management skills and effective time management/prioritization skills.
- Post secondary education in Human Resources or Communications
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years, Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- Great Places to Work (GPTW) Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplaces for Technology
- Best Workplaces for Millennials
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.