- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a results-oriented, experienced Data Scientist to join our advanced Analytics and Data Science team based in our downtown Toronto office.
The Data Scientist is a key role in delivering the advanced analytics/predictive modelling capability within our organization and on behalf of our valued Loyalty Partners.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working in fast-paced environment, actively supporting fact based decision making across the enterprise. You will have exposure to all of Points LOBs (lines of business), advanced marketing & merchandising capabilities, customer database & channels and will actively support revenue generation & capability enhancements. Your key responsibilities include:
- Powering revenue growth through the design and implementation of algorithms, machine learning & decision intelligence. This includes promo, price & assortment optimization, including dynamic personalized recommendations at the customer & product level
- Researching, designing and implementing analytical models and algorithms that will be utilized for promotion, pricing, product, media & revenue optimization.
- Analyzing & distilling loyalty insights from diverse data sets (member, segment & program level)
- Enabling best in class offer generation (customer targeting & offer assignment) & optimization based on all the available data, scores & model outputs.
- Elevate the data science discipline by providing coaching & thought leadership to junior members of the technical team.
- Masters or PhD in Physics/Math/Computer Science/Statistics or equivalent
- Over 5 years’ experience applying Data Science including but not limited to econometric modeling, classification and prediction models, time series analysis, clustering, recommender systems
- Deep understanding of ML algorithms (from linear regression to neural networks)
- Strong Python, SQL and analytical skills
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data processing pipelines and data structures
- Ability to communicate/present complex ideas/analysis in a concise, business-friendly manner
- Natural curiosity to solve problems and find meaning in complex data sets & customer behaviour analysis.
- Strong business acumen to apply recommendations in the proper commercial context.
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years, Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- Great Places to Work (GPTW) Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplaces for Technology
- Best Workplaces for Millennials
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Super fun corporate events
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.