- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Security Manager to join our team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
The Security Manager is responsible for leading a small team and effectively managing the overall information security program for the company. This includes the services and processes related to identity and access management, security event and incident management, vulnerability management, data loss prevention and security awareness. The position provides technical support on information security matters on an enterprise-wide basis, and is responsible for ensuing information security standards and practices are in compliance with information security policies and guidelines.
Reporting to the Vice President of Information Security and Privacy, the Security Manager responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams throughout the SDLC to ensure that risks to information and system security are adequately represented and addressed
- Monitor sources of threat intelligence for emerging threats, relating them to any organizational exposure
- Monitor internal systems for deviations from expected baselines as well as indicators of compromise
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline security monitoring and other controls, working with technical resources to implement solutions
- Work with IT leadership team to identify and maintain security policies, procedures and best practices
- Identify and implement process enhancements that will improve quality and efficiency of the processes, and other cores activities as required
- Assessing global threats, technology shifts and develop plans accordingly
- Provide comprehensive guidance and leadership during periods of breaches or elevated states
- Establish relationships with security vendors, keeping abreast of technology changes and identifying emerging opportunities
- Champion security awareness within the organization through communication, education and the development of resources on policies, standards and guidelines
- Maintaining strong working relationship with Finance, Architecture, Development teams, and IT Operations & Support teams
- Reporting & Analytics; Developing security status reports that are repeatable, sustainable and scalable
- Post-Secondary Education with 3+ years of experience within a security related field
- Sound understanding of Information Security frameworks, risks and controls
- Experience designing and driving implementation of security controls in a SaaS / web application delivery model
- Results-oriented and able to impact and influence others, with a demonstrated ability to create clarity and action from ambiguity and to challenge assumptions.
- Specific information security training and certification preferred (CISA, CISM or CISSP)
- Familiarity with cloud services administration, enterprise logging / monitoring platforms and mixed Windows / Linux environments preferred
- Experience with vulnerability management and remediation tools preferred
- Knowledge of customer technology challenges within the retail and/or e-commerce industries preferred
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Strategic thinking with problem solving and analysis skills
- Willingness to continuously build up knowledge in the field of IT security and IT Infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies and develop solutions
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.