Platform Specialist (API Integration)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Platform Specialist to join our team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for the integration of all our Loyalty Program, Loyalty Wallet and third party applications. You are a smart, enthusiastic person with an interest in working with the world’s largest and most successful loyalty programs.
As a Loyalty Platform & Developer Specialist you will play a key role in new and existing implementations of all Points solutions and integrations. Together with your team, you will integrate into the world’s loyalty programs by solutioning, developing and configuring new integration and applications. Leveraging your outstanding technical and business aptitude, attention to detail, quality and communication skills you will identify, implement, test and deploy these solutions.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Delivery Services, the Loyalty Platform Specialist will be responsible for:
- Participating in technical integration planning and pre-sales discussions with loyalty program partners and application developers to analyze integration and web service requirements.
- Developing integration solutions based on Loyalty Program Requirements.
- Implementing new integrations for our Loyalty Program Partners by developing and configuring Points’ platforms.
- Gathering requirements by working directly with our Loyalty Program Partners & Internal Stakeholders.
- Ensuring the solutions we deploy are of the highest quality.
- Effectively communicate, across many channels, your progress with your team & stakeholders.
- Analysis and resolution of both code and configuration issues in all managed environments (test and production).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering considered an asset
- 2+ Years of software development experience.
- Basic understanding of internet security protocols and technologies (SSL, PKI, etc).
- Experience with QA methodologies (Manual and Automated) and tools.
- Experience in a managed solution or SaaS environment.
- Knowledge of version control systems like GitHub.
- Experience in development language Python, Java or other (nice to have)
- Experiences with SQL databases such as Oracle or PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like CouchDB (nice to have)
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.