PR & Communications Manager
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency. We only succeed when our partners do.
Our casual, collaborative environment is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a PR & Communications Manager to join our Toronto team for a permanent position.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
As the PR & Communications Manager you will be responsible for creating and disseminating brand-building stories that will help increase awareness of Points and our products. You’ll craft noteworthy stories and strategies for reaching and engaging each of our key audiences, including companies playing in the loyalty space, potential loyalty partners, and loyalty program members. This includes finding new and innovative ways to expand our audiences by connecting with journalists in related verticals, and nurturing and expanding your existing list of North American media contacts.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing our PR and communications strategy to gain positive coverage across key markets in Canada and the US, and ensuring PR supports and amplifies marketing efforts in each region.
Reporting to the Director, Brand & Content, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute a PR and Communications strategy that advances Points’ narrative and influence
- Coordinate with our partner teams and senior leadership to support partnership and product launch announcements
- Draft written materials, including press releases, pitches, Q&As, and other materials
- Cultivate relationships with key journalists from local and national media outlets, including relevant B2C and B2B press
- Pitch and secure coverage with media, bloggers, podcasts, etc.
- Work closely with internal social and digital media stakeholders to ensure PR plans are integrated and amplified through relevant channels
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel, focused on fostering positive employee sentiment and engagement
- Create and manage an Industry Awards strategy that contributes to our overall brand positioning
- Measure and analyze PR program results; manage budgets and campaign ROI
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in public relations and communications with a proven track record designing and executing successful campaigns in Canada and the US.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated media relations and strategic communication planning experience.
- Experience collaborating with senior leadership, sales, product and marketing teams.
- Existing relationships with key business and media contacts.
- Proactive, with the ability to manage and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- Great Places to Work (GPTW) Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplaces for Technology
- Best Workplaces for Millennials
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Super fun corporate events
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.