Junior Copywriter (Content Specialist), Creative Services
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 60 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Content Specialist, Creative Services to join our team for a full-time position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs to deliver intuitive, compelling experiences that empower members to do more with the points they have.
As a Content Specialist on our small but busy Creative Services team, you’ll manage the creation of digital marketing assets, including writing the copy, briefing designers, securing approvals, and delivering a quality finished product, on time. You’ll work on emails, banners, landing pages, social media ads, and more, for a range of external partners, as well as our own internal communications projects.
You’ll quickly become an expert in our partners’ branding and content best practices, and proactively contribute your own creative feedback to ensure everything we produce is top-notch. And get ready to meet lots of new people, because you’ll be liaising with different departments across the company, including partner and product marketing, demand generation, sales, and UX.
Reporting to the Content Manager, Creative Services, the Content Specialist will be responsible for:
- Writing copy for online ads, emails, websites, landing pages, conference collateral, and more
- Project managing creative content for 20+ marketing promotions at a time, seeing projects through from initial request to finished asset, and delivering those assets to the proper team member for implementation
- Working collaboratively with designers to ensure all marketing assets you touch are the best they can be
- Working with Relationship Managers to secure asset approvals and implement client feedback
- Responding to and solving issues raised with live projects, such as resourcing challenges, and changes in timelines and scope
- Handling last-minute requests and prioritizing against other projects
- Working with external vendors and freelancers, such as translators, designers, email coders, printers, video designers, etc.
- Being a brand expert for all partners in your portfolio and maintaining a company-wide brand library
- Ensuring our company brand standards are maintained for Product, B2B and internal communications
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing creative or process practices
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, or related discipline
- 1-3 years experience writing marketing copy for B2B, B2C, and internal audiences (please include a link to your portfolio or be prepared to provide samples of your work)
- Experience writing in an agency environment or managing copy for several brands is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communicator who excels in bringing team members together to solve challenges
- Vigilant editing skills when it comes to both the written word and design/branding
- Highly organized, proficient at meeting deadlines and managing customer expectations
- An understanding of online marketing campaign execution
- Interest in learning new technologies and exploring creative ways of meeting business objectives
- Comfortable working with project management software (e.g. Clarizen, Salesforce, Trello, Jira) is a bonus
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.