Transaction Support Analyst
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Transaction Support Analyst to join our Operations team for a permanent position in our Downtown Toronto office.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment. You will be our customer’s first point of escalation for any technical issues. Our Transaction Support Analyst will be reliable, knowledgeable, and most of all responsive! Your strong analytical skills will be required to investigate customer transactions, recommend solutions and ensure our customers receive outstanding support. Your exceptional communication skills will be put to good use as you deliver detailed solutions directly to our internal/external partners.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Partner Support the Transaction Support Analyst will be primarily responsible for:
- Performing detailed investigation into the causes of production problems and determine temporary and permanent solutions
- Identifying and following up with partners regarding file processing errors, file transfer issues and partner site outages
- File modifications and updates to files and transactions as required to ensure systems are up-to-date
- Tracking and follow up on any outstanding problems, keep stakeholders informed of their status and confirm with them that solution provided is satisfactory
- Daily check up on applications and transactions.
- Excellent written, analytical, documentation and communication skills – particularly as it relates to articulating technical findings to a non-technical audience
- Strong organization skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- A positive attitude
- Confidence in dealing with challenging clients and working under pressure
- A sense of urgency in solving problems on behalf of clients and internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented.
- Excellent debugging and error tracking skills
- Experience in using and understanding Java and Java Exceptions and Errors with the ability to differentiate between informational and critical exceptions and errors
- Ability to work with different types of data files (text, csv, fixed width, XML … etc.)
- Experience with Oracle DBMS, PL/SQL skills; ability to write complex queries for ad-hoc query requests
- Knowledge of database design, data management, and application development
- Experience with, MS Office Suite/G Suite
- Experience and ease in working with products that cover multiple applications and systems
- Experience and comfort working with transaction based products
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.