Team Lead, Revenue
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 60 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Team Lead - Revenue to join our Finance team in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
You will own the accounting process for Revenue for our two largest business lines - Loyalty Currency Retailing and Platform Partnerships. The Team Lead - Revenue will be responsible for ensuring revenue and related expenses (cost of sales) are recorded accurately, timely and completely in the General Ledger, including full ownership of Revenue across multiple products and partners. They will also ensure the amounts are in accordance with signed contracts with the various Partners. Importantly, the role will be responsible for identifying and recommending efficiencies in the month end procedures that will support the financial close process.
Reporting to the Senior Operational Accounting Manager, the Team Lead - Revenue is responsible for:
- Accurately recording LCR & Platform Partnerships revenue, Cost of Sales, and associated Loyalty Program Partner payable and due from Payment processor receivable
- Calculation of the charge-back provision recovered miles and credit card fees
- Supervise, Train, Coach and develop one direct report (Accounting analyst)
- Preparation and review of Partner and Earn Mall remittances on time (ensuring done and reviewed prior to contractual payment terms)
- Preparation and review of Payable to Loyalty Partner reconciliations
- Calculation of partner Revenue Guarantees commitments
- Ensure compliance with related SOX controls and processes and following Internal Controls in area of responsibility.
- Identify and recommended improvements to internal processes and procedures
- Respond to Partner/RM requests in a professional manner, with effective communication methods
- Responsible for Actual to NowX variances, ownership of correct amount and ability to explain the variances
- Work closely with Treasury staff to add valuable inputs to the cash flow model
- Assist with financial close procedures for each month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external financial reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis where required, including reporting to external auditors and Audit Committee presentations
- Performing and reviewing variance analysis on key revenue & balance sheet accounts
- Actively participating in the next phase of the the newly implemented accounting system in 2019.
- Work on special projects based on departmental and company/business needs, including system implementation, upgrades, and other ad-hoc requests
- 5+ years accounting experience in a progressive organization with a focus on public companies
- Experience with OracleNetSuite is an asset
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Professional accounting designation (or pursuing designation) is an asset
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Cooperative and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to initiate action to accomplish an objective and goals; be proactive
- Ability to analyze issues with limited direction and present recommendations to management
- Ability to motivate a team member when working under pressure and within tight timelines
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women.
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.