- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Chargeback Analyst to join our Risk and ePayments team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
You’re a smart, detail oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem solving and collaboration. As an integral part of our Risk team, you will be relied on to identify problems and take corrective actions through joining forces with our team to quickly and effectively implement solutions. You’ll be evaluating disputes that arise when a merchant dispute a chargeback, or working alongside our merchants to resolve the dispute on behalf of the consumer.
You will work directly with the Team Lead, Chargeback Support to help resolve all claims and chargeback issues to the satisfaction of all parties, including the reconciliation of disputed transactions and find the root cause of issues. Does this sound interesting to you?
- Processing and disputing credit card charge backs and inquiries to recover funds - including investigations of charge backs and communications with external partners
- Engaging with both internal and external stakeholders to assist with investigation to root cause of losses
- Analyzing transaction challenges which cause chargeback losses, troubleshooting to determine causes, and working with subject matter experts to identify and execute solutions
- Analyzing information, think through difficult problems, and make critical decisions based on limited information
- Tracking and providing statistics on charge backs for the Finance Management Team
- Tracking and maintaining fraud incident reports and other related analyses
- Work with clients to collect and document information that may be used in resolving outstanding disputes
- Make-certain that all chargeback activities are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Report on Fraudulent vs Service related chargebacks, actions taken and results obtained
- Ensure immediate identification of fraudulent chargeback details in our Fraud tool in order to stop future losses
- Communicate with our Payment Processors on our external partner’s queries
- Compile the figures from various databases to build the team monthly chargeback report.
- Validating chargeback report by utilizing internal and external software systems
- Provide team members with transactions reviewed by them that have come back as fraud chargeback
- Merchant account creation and management support when needed
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and explain business different business cases
- Ability to work towards a deadline (and meet deadlines)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and to work well under pressure
- University/College degree or equivalent working experience
- Computer skills: proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet searching
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women.
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.