Development Engineer (Back-end)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Development Engineer to join our Software Engineering team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work closely with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs. Together, we take on complex challenges and come up with creative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Development Engineer, with passion for learning, who will act as a member of one of our Agile development teams.
- You will work side by side with other Software Engineers, Product Owners, Designers and Scrum Masters.
- As part of the team, you will be collaborating with Engineers and others on the team to build and scale our backend platform functionality.
- You will be building new functionality on top of our existing platform, adding value to our users.
- Part of the job is running a technical project end to end. Not necessarily writing each line of code, but overseeing the technical side while working with product team, taking it from conception to technical specification.
- You should have at least 3 years experience developing software products. The more experience the better!
- Comfortable coding in your high level language of choice: we code primarily in Python
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience developing distributed web services and micro-service architectures
- Experience working with RESTful API’s
- Experience with CouchDB, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.