Product Manager, Points Travel
- 351 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Product Manager to join our Product Management team for a permanent position in our downtown San Francisco office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a smart,enthusiastic person with a passion for software engineering to join Points. If As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for executing product strategy and collaborating with engineering to bring world-class solutions from conception to delivery. You will aggregate customer requirements, prioritize new capabilities, build product roadmaps and manage the lifecycle of new and existing services.
This role presents a great opportunity for business / technical analysts to grow into a product manager.
Reporting to Director, Product Management, Points Travel, the Product Manager will be responsible for:
Act as single point of contact for all inbound marketing services requests
- Translate client requirements into user stories and functional design specification documents for use by the development engineers based in and out of San Francisco
- Manage the Software Development Lifecycle from planning to tactical activities for your assigned features
- Lead product discovery process by working with potential clients / internal stakeholders, conducting interviews, research, and any other step necessary to define business requirements
- Manage the product backlog, prioritization and leverage a strong understanding of
product requirements to drive prioritization
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation of your assigned software features
- Support Sales & Business Development teams by answering prospective client questions on Points Travel platform functionality and helping to design solutions to meet client requirements.
- Work closely with internal finance, fraud, and support teams to define reporting requirements and customer service workflows
- Assume project management / delivery responsibility during growth phase of business
- Keep updated on industry best practices, trends, and current events
- 3+ years of software product management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical work experience is strongly preferred.
- Online travel and loyalty industry experience is highly desired
- Solid understanding of software product lifecycles for multi-stage long-term strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and manage highly complex software projects
- Experience writing requirements documents User Stories and Functional Design requirements documents
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, business management and customer care; ability to interact with and influence senior executives with strong product vision
- Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate priorities and trade-offs both internally and with clients
- Understanding of technical concepts, architecture, and software engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on high velocity product development projects using Agile SDLC methodologies
- Availability to travel internationally once every 6-8 weeks
- Curious and enthusiastic about loyalty programs and online travel
- Able to build a business case for new product ideas
- Takes pride in crafting great software requirements
- Enjoys working closely with small teams of software engineers and QA testers
- Enjoys hands on system discovery and interaction
- Enjoys working closely with clients on complex processes / integrations
- Has clear and precise written and verbal communication skills
- Is a resourceful problem solver who can work autonomously in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Is goal oriented with self-direction and drive
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- San Francisco downtown location in the Financial District
- Few minutes’ walk from the Montgomery BART Station
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Burrito Friday and a fully stocked kitchen by request
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Bike storage
- Company-sponsored activities: darts, bowling, movies, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.