Team Lead, Software Engineering
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Team Lead to join our Software Engineering group for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading web-based organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, you will join a multidisciplinary team where you will:
- Drive the day-to-day development activities of your team.
- Review and manage your direct reports’ performance, and conduct periodic performance reviews.
- Coordinate team lunches, offsites, and celebrations.
- Share responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Augment our microservices-based platform by designing and implementing APIs, modern front-ends, and orchestration logic.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation.
- Facilitate contentious discussions, and report up regularly.
- Mentor and coach your team members in order to help them grow as technical contributors and leaders.
- Spend 50% of your time on hands-on development tasks.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers.
- Experience leading software projects or development teams.
- Experience building back-end applications using Python.
- Passion for developing others.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Passion for applying good software design, testing, documentation, and support practices.
- Belief in the importance of teamwork, cooperation, and communication.
Nice to haves
- Training in leadership or project management.
- Experience building accessible and responsive web applications with React or Web Components.
- Experience building REST APIs with Flask (Python).
- Experience with containers and related infrastructure (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with relational and document-oriented databases, such as PostgreSQL and CouchDB.
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.