Director, IT Operations
- 112 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H, Canada
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
Points is looking for a Director of IT Operations to join our IT Operations team for a permanent position.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Director of IT Operations has a tactical and strategic responsibility for managing and monitoring the production deployment of Points’ $350 Million B2B e-commerce multitenant SaaS offering, loyalty commerce platform as well as Points’ rapidly growing consumer facing Loyalty wallet and Travel products, corporate technology infrastructure and all environments supporting product development efforts.
Reporting to the CTO, the Director of IT Operations will be responsible for:
- Managing and monitoring points infrastructure while ensuring security, availability and performance requirements are met.
- Providing operational feedback to the product and development teams
- Leading compliance initiatives (PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Vendor management
- Senior member of the IT Management team leading both the internal IT team as well as service delivery IT operations team (8 team members total)
- Playing a key role in communicating operational awareness and value throughout the organization
- Ensuring alignment between operational and business objectives
- Minimum 10 years work experience in IT Operations in Linux & Windows environments, with recent experience as an IT leader for an organization operating a 24x7 multi-tenant SaaS solution
- 5 years experience with a SaaS solution deployed in a Unix environment ideally using open source and commercial technology
- 3 years experience operating with containers in cloud and on premises environments
- 3 years experience leading ITGC, SOX and PCI initiatives
- Strongly demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and adapt in dynamic environments
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or other information security / audit related credentials an asset
- 3 years using Oracle as enterprise data warehousing and/or BI platform
- 5 years leading deployment and management of a client and server Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux desktop infrastructure
- Strong leadership skills developed through 5 years leading 5 to 15 person teams in an IT operations environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical, planning, project management and problem solving abilities
- Ability to create and maintain detailed budgets and capacity forecasting models
- BS/MS in information technology, computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with colocation to cloud migrations, and docker would be assets
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2017, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
No agencies please.