- Chico, CA
Pocket Points started as an idea at Chico State in Northern California. The problem of smartphone usage in the classroom was obvious so we decided to create a solution. We thought to ourselves...What would incentivize students to stay off their phones more than free food? By partnering with local businesses who were willing to offer discounts through the app, Pocket Points was born.
When the app launched at Chico it quickly became popular with the students. This raised the attention of schools across the nation who were requesting to bring Pocket Points to their campus. The app went live at a small number of additional schools during it’s second semester where it immediately saw a dramatic increase in growth.
Ever since, Pocket Points has been expanding to additional schools as fast as possible to keep up with the demand of students, teachers, and businesses. Currently, Pocket Points is available at over 200 schools in the United States and Canada.
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
As a Promotion Manager, your role is to acquire new users at current and launch campuses across the nation through the implementation of marketing campaigns at each campus. We're looking to add motivated and driven people to our team who are able to adapt to changes quickly and can handle multiple projects at any given time.
As a Promotion Manager, you will be recruiting and managing your own virtual team of Marketing Representatives who are the face of Pocket Points at their campuses. The ideal candidate is one who has experience with marketing a product, managing multiple projects, recruiting and/ or managing a team and understands how to communicate with all age groups. This is a great position that welcomes a TON of innovation!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics to acquire new Pocket Points users
- Recruit and manage a virtual team of college students at 20+ campuses at a time
- Make high-level decisions for your team
- Be in charge of a marketing budget and allocate funds wisely
- Create new and innovative ways of reaching college students
- Train and maximize performance of a virtual team
- BS degree in Marketing or a related field
- Demonstrable experience in marketing, management, and/or recruiting
- Experience with managing a team or working with a dynamic team
- Up-to-date with the latest trends
- Track record of over-achieving goals or quota
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in Chico, CA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.