- 600 US-169, St Louis Park, MN 55426, USA
Are you looking for a career that provides you with the resources to succeed, a company that develops and utilizes award winning tools and technology, as well as a team that has the best employees who have fun each day? You've found this with Plus Relocation.
Plus is driven to be the best relocation management company in the industry. We are committed to providing completely customized global mobility programs and flawless execution. Our game-changing, innovative approach has propelled us to a full-service global mobility powerhouse with offices located around the world in Minneapolis, London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
We invest in our employees by concentrating on continuous training, personal development, creating work-life balance, utilizing the Gallup Strengths Finder to explore individual strengths, and believe in creating opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Plus is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our Technology team. Someone with at least 3 years of experience in technical and hands-on hardware support. An ideal candidate will possess skills in system administration, proven experience with strong desktop support for end-users, along with innovative and strong problem solving skills. This role is to be worked in our Headquarter office in Minneapolis, and you would be working under the direction of our Senior Manager of Technology.
If you are an experienced, passionate, and driven technology support professional, then we want to speak to you!
Desktop Support Specialist Overview:
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for providing hands on desktop support services including build, deployment and level one troubleshooting and system administration. This Support Specialist is also responsible for asset management, tracking and oversight of access control systems.
What your day as a Support Specialist looks like:
- Provide day-to-day desktop support for end-users
- Willingness to utilize and expand technical expertise, including but not limited to:
- Server system administration, backups, and configuration
- Phone database administration
- Audio/visual setup (conference calls and meetings)
- Application support
- Remote user administration/support
- Network printing configuration
- Support tracking documentation and monitor desktop support needs and solutions
- Responsible for ensuring smooth operation of office computer systems including but not limited to:
- Installing and configuring desktop computer systems
- Interfacing with staff in professional and reliable manner
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software issues
- Finding solutions to problems using multiple resources
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support documentation, including procedural documentation
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Running network applications to support systems and users
- Supporting new applications
- Setting up new users
- Managing badge and access control processes and audits
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third party, if appropriate)
- Prioritizing and managing several open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with fellow-employees and management
- Primary interface for Atomic Data, on-site Engineer
- Advocate for all Plus employees to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Information Security Policy
- Abide by all policies and guidelines set forth by the IT Policy Document as well as Information Security Policy
What you will bring to this position:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously, as well as be part of a successful team
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively protects internal and external confidential information
- Computer skills necessary for normal business matters (Microsoft Suite required)
- Ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Why choose Plus Relocation?
Our vision, mission, and values say it all - we have the best employees who care and want to make a difference. Below are just a few additional perks of working at Plus:
- Use of Gallup Strengths Finder
- Work/Life Balance
- Comprehensive health package
- 401(k) plan
- Profit Sharing
- On-Site Gym Membership ($10 annually)
- On-Site Yoga
- Free Personal Training (on-site gym)
- Close to downtown Minneapolis (394/169)
- Free Ramp Parking
- Wellbeing Program
- Leadership Focused Development
Want to learn more? Check us out at http://www.plusrelocation.com/careers/. We look forward to hearing from you!