Business Development Representative
- Boston, MA, USA
Pluralsight Business Development Representatives have the opportunity to align marketing with sales and be the catalyst for new revenue into the pipeline. As a steward of your performance, you realize the dependency the sales team and Pluralsight have on you for this pipeline and are committed to it. You are the future Account Executives and Sales Leaders of Pluralsight and align with our values, behaviors, and performance to take you there.
Who you are committed to being:
- You are accountable for your work
- You are a self-starter who is excited to dive into the work and drive results for the team
- You are driven and motivated to develop your career in sales
- You are organized and committed to excellence
What you'll own:
- Build sales pipeline within specific geographies, market segments and/or campaigns
- Follow-up and develop new business opportunities within all market segments
- Qualify opportunities and transition to Account Executives and Account Managers
- Outbound prospecting to companies via cold calling and email
- Nurture potential opportunities to the point of handoff to further sales motions
- Follow up on inbound leads and campaign inquiries and provide detailed feedback on the success of each campaign to the digital and field marketing groups
- Follow-up on all captured leads from marketing events and activities
- Help develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas
- Research target accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Pluralsight platform
- Capture and report on industry trends and competitive intelligence
- Identify and profile customers in a natural, conversational way (i.e. address, fax number, e-mail address)
Experience you'll need:
- At least one year of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, Sales, and/or Marketing
- At least 2 years of experience in Solution-Oriented Selling or Prospecting within B2B environments (Preferred)
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system is required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- High volume cold-calling experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level decision makers required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; experience with B2B sales is required
- Proficient in using Salesforce.com, LinkedIn
- Have a work hard/play hard mentality and thrive in a start-up environment
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.