Senior Business Analyst, Experience Strategy & Operations
- Boston, MA
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology and develop the skills of tomorrow. As a Sr. Business Analyst on our Experience Strategy & Operations team, you will play a critical role in helping learners achieve their goals. You will partner with senior leaders in the learner experience organization to drive product strategy and deliver solutions to meet learner needs. This entails structuring, scoping, and leading analyses to identify opportunities to improve learner outcomes, grow their connection to Pluralsight, and enhance the value of the platform for our learners and customers.
You will work closely with cross-functional partners to collect data from disparate sources, develop new frameworks and analyses, and deliver actionable insights that drive investment decisions. You will be responsible for executing on existing KPIs while also identifying and creating new processes and KPIs where needed. Ultimately you will drive better learner outcomes and superior business results as you solve tough analytical problems and drive change across the organization.
Who you're committed to being:
- Pathologically data-driven.
- Entrepreneurial. Scrappily finding opportunities and getting things done.
- Impact-driven. Working cross-functionally to deliver tangible results.
- Adaptable in a continually changing environment, adjusting strategies and realigning priorities when needed.
- A learner, proactively seeking feedback and opportunities to grow.
- A teacher, evangelizing learner experience and bringing others along for the ride.
What you’ll own:
- Build sophisticated analytical models that further our understanding of learners.
- Collect data from multiple sources, write SQL queries to extract data, and build/automate reports/dashboards in Tableau as needed.
- Develop, analyze, and recommend new learner experience initiatives.
- Communicate actionable insights and recommendations to functional leaders.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with a focus on driving impact.
- Evaluate potential product investments from a strategic value perspective.
- Define and build cross-functional support for KPIs that drive business value.
- Relentlessly measure impact and drive toward outcomes
Experience you’ll need:
- Combined 5 years of strategy and analytics experience
- Track record of solid judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Experience creating and delivering successful cross-functional initiatives in large organizations
- Proficient with basic analytical tools such as Excel, SQL, and Tableau, and comfortable skilling up in these areas where required
- Passion for leveraging analytical insights and visualizations to tell compelling stories
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets, extracting insights, and driving results
- Can prepare well-written documents and presentations, and are comfortable presenting to functional leaders
- Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work every day knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.