Strategic Analyst Intern
- Farmington, UT
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading skills platform for serious Developer and IT professionals. Our team of 1,500+ innovators serves millions of users across the globe.
Strategy and Operations undergrad interns add real value to Pluralsight through data-driven insights and recommendations on key business challenges. Their work supports operational and strategic initiatives across the business. In 2020, we are looking for interns in the following functions:
- Corporate Strategy and Operations
- Experience/Product Strategy and Operations
- Growth Strategy and Operations
- Revenue Strategy and Operations
Internships are 10 weeks long, typically starting in May and ending in July. Location varies based on role, but will be either in Farmington or South Jordan until July, at which point all internships will be located in our new Draper Headquarters. These internships are intended for those graduating in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.
Who you are
- Values-driven. First and foremost, demonstrates the values in how they show up.
- Entrepreneurial. Excels at independently problem-solving and prioritizing work based on anticipated business value
- Resourceful. Moves projects forward, even cross-functionally, with limited definition and direction.
- Self-motivated. Flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a sense of urgency.
- Effective communicator. Uses hypothesis-driven thinking to distill complex ideas into straightforward language, powerfully present recommendations, and deliver sustained results.
- Humble. Willing to pivot direction when the data suggest a change.
What you’ll own
- Deliver on your respective team’s initiatives and priorities
- Lead a specific project within the team. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Developing our international expansion playbook (Corporate Strategy)
- Defining and researching new content or product opportunities to expand our Enterprise offering (Experience Strategy)
- Defining, measuring and implementing KPIs into operating rhythm of the business (Experience Strategy)
- Developing analysis that drives strategic recommendations to optimize marketing pipeline generation for our go-to-market motion. (Growth Strategy)
- Prepare strategic insights and materials for various meetings for the executive team (weekly exec meetings, quarterly run the business meetings, annual planning, etc.)
- Communicate insights, storylines, and recommendations clearly through a variety of mediums (verbal, slides, email, etc.)
- Develop zero-defect analysis in Excel and summary insights in PowerPoint or Tableau dashboards
- Bring your creativity and ideas to evolve how Pluralsight does business
- Present findings and recommendations to the Chief Strategy and Operations officer and/or CEO
Experience you’ll need
- Fluency with PowerPoint and Excel and in building a robust storyline and recommendation
- Experience solving analytical business problems using data
- Experience or some familiarity with data structures, SQL, Tableau, and/or Python is a plus
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in finance, strategy, economics, or accounting is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.