Software Engineer - Streaming Data Platform
- South Jordan, UT
As the Streaming Data Platform team we are building a large scale distributed, self-service streaming data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle the vast data needs across the organization. Pluralsight has a big vision for the future and data is at the core.
You will help us accomplish this by:
• Building and scaling our streaming data platform using the latest technologies.
• Designing, developing, and improving our self-service user experience and tools.
• Diplomatically partnering with Business, Product, and Data teams to innovate and enable business critical applications, tools, and data intelligence at scale.
• Collaborating with product managers, developers, and data engineers to empower and evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
• Working on and contributing to open source software.
You’d be a great fit if you have:
• Experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
• Experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
• Experience building software in JVM-based languages.
• Experience working with tools supporting Data-in-motion (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, etc).
• Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
• Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
• A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations.
• A supportive and engaged team member, able to express complex information to a variety of consumers.
• Able to problem solve independently and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
• Able to distill complex ideas into straight forward language.
• Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future.
And these would be nice to have, as well:
Experience in data modeling and/or data architectures
Experience with serialization/deserialziation of data (e.g. Avro, etc)
• Scala development experience
• Experience solving analytical business problems using data.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work every day knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.