Senior Contracts Manager
- Farmington, UT
Pluralsight’s legal department is looking for a high-performing Senior Contracts Manager to join our team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity.
The Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for drafting and negotiating various commercial and data privacy agreements with Pluralsight’s largest customers. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, outstanding oral and written negotiation skills, and a positive attitude.
Who you are committed to being:
- You have a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team-oriented, practical environment
- You demonstrate enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
- You are courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent, reliable, proactive and use independent judgment
- You are committed to your personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- You are open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal colleagues, management, customers and others
- You are a strong negotiator with a proven track record of success
- You can manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
What you’ll own:
- Analyze and interpret complex provisions in commercial and data privacy agreements to identify alignment with Pluralsight’s policies
- Negotiation (both written and verbal) of complex sales, professional services and data privacy agreements
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract review, acting as a key contact for the legal department by providing guidance to internal and external customers on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, questions, etc.
- Review and revise complex, non-standard agreements to adhere to Pluralsight’s standard policies and procedures
- Assist with legal review and response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) as required for the commercial opportunity
- Manage workflow for contract review process for a variety of contract types, beginning with receipt of requests for contract creation through routing for signatures
- Execute assigned projects as determined by the needs of the Contracts department
Experience you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience managing contracts (including drafting and negotiation) in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience required; Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor preferred
- Ability to manage and deliver on a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues; particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting
- Must be a creative problem solver and capable project manager with an eye to best practices in legal operations and the ability to balance getting the deal done while protecting the company
- Advanced experience in oral negotiations with minimal supervision, project management, risk awareness, and issue escalation
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions, providing advice to operations teams in carrying out the terms of the contract, as needed
- Experience with data privacy rules and contracts strongly preferred
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with a contract management system, e.g., Spring CM, Apttus
- Experience with electronic signature software, e.g., EchoSign, Docusign
- Prior experience managing processes and/or people preferred
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company or other highly regulated industry
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.