Senior Manager - Technology Strategy & Operations
- South Jordan, UT
The Senior Manager of Technology Strategy & Operations is responsible for hiring, building, and leading a team of analysts and implementation engineers that will provide insights to help guide our technology investments to build a scalable, reliable, secure, and cost-effective platform to power the tech skills supply chain. You will be linking arms with our heads of Infrastructure and Security Bus within the Experience org to identify opportunities, building business cases, aligning the appropriate teams and functions, and tracking the resulting outcomes and success. Your team will be responsible for ensuring our analytics architecture creates the foundation for a more data-driven decision-making motion throughout the Experience org, as it relates to user engagement, and working cross-functionally to build business processes and ensure data integrity and availability.
Who you are:
- Insatiably innovative. Searching, constantly, for new solutions.
- Pathologically data-driven.
- Entrepreneurial. Scrappily finding opportunities and getting things done.
- Quick, yet collaborative. Gets things done without alienating the team.
- Humble and thoughtful enough to pivot when the data suggest a change.
- Systems-thinker. Always watching for second-order implications.
- Leader. Demonstrating leadership that creates a culture of performance throughout the company.
- Teacher. Evangelizing technology strategy, and bringing others along for the ride.
What you’ll own:
- Partner with other teams to research opportunities to improve the speed, availability, reliability, security, and agility of the Pluralsight platform
- Define and validate new concepts for improving the speed, availability, security, and agility of the Pluralsight platform.
- Build the case for turning these plans and outcomes into reality.
- Relentlessly, measure that impact, and drive toward outcomes.
- Lead the design of our product analytics architecture, aligned to the unique architecture of the Pluralsight platform, and work with the infrastructure org and various engineering teams to implement that strategy.
- Maintain the product analytics data integrity, freshness, and cost through constant evolution.
- Hire, mentor, and develop an incredible team of Analysts and Implementation Engineers in pursuit of the above.
Experience you’ll need:
- Combined 6+ years of strategy and technical experience, including 2+ years in leadership
- Track record of solid judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- Experience leading successful cross-functional initiatives in large organizations.
- Serious strategy chops, ideally at a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or similar.
- Strong understanding of software development and data practices and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach data analysts and engineers
- Deep understanding of the enterprise SaaS market.
- Long-standing pattern of building awesome.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.