Customer Success Manager, Government
- Washington, DC
The CSM owns the Customer Lifecycle for a set of Pluralsight Public Sector accounts, beginning with customer onboarding and implementation, and continuing through the adoption and renewal staging. A successful Public Sector CSM has proven success in delivering results while collaborating with and engaging Federal and/or State Local government executives and program managers, builds impeccable relationship, and shows skill at achieving trusted adviser and customer advocate status in the customers mind. The CSM works closely with the Sales Team to design and execute customer success plans to ensure our customer objectives are truly met, and business value is realized.
- Drive forward the customer life cycle to ensure customer and Pluralsight’s mutual success. Take full accountability for your accounts in all aspects: Anticipating customer needs and proactively addressing them throughout the customer life cycle, demonstrating lead time awareness, ensuring a frictionless renewal process, and ultimately positioning your accounts for growth.
- Successfully onboarding customers. Help them deploy, and derive total value from their membership by driving their full adoption and utilization of the service. Customer success and experience is everything.
- Ongoing customer consultation - Successfully navigate, interpret, and leverage provided tools and systems to measure and report on customer experience, customer health, product utilization, and consumed content, etc. Take corrective actions in a timely manner based on this visibility, and make strategic recommendations to help customers be more successful..
- Influence change within customers to drive adoption of best practices and successful implementation.
- Prepare and facilitate business review meetings, trainings, webinars, demos, and other strategic and supportive interactions.
- Predict and forecast risk, renewal and expansion within customer portfolio
- Collaborate with Account Executives and others. Communicate to ensure effective execution on customer success plans and make progress on the growth strategy.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
- Meet and exceed quarterly gross and net revenue retention targets, or other targets defined by the business.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Working knowledge of Government acquisition process. Experience working with both Federal and State & Local government accounts.
- Ability to perform a strategic discovery with customers, to uncover their business objectives, articulate the ROI around achieving those objectives, and then build a plan to achieve those outcomes.
- Deep understanding of a successful customer success motion - able to execute the onboarding & adoption process to drive customer health.
- Understanding of SaaS environment with its respective opportunities, benefits, and challenges. This could include license management, training on software and technology, and applicable business processes and cycles, among other things.
- Self-identifies opportunities for improvement within customer base and internally. Come up with creative solutions to problems beyond provided playbooks. Takes the initiative to make change.
- Organized and capable of highly effective time management in an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to effectively prioritize time and talents, and to give effective presentations
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced professional enterprise sales environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills at the C-Level.
- Basic technical knowledge on development and IT solutions. Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and derive solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills & listening skills.
- Four-year University / Bachelor's Degree in Sales, or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of progressive customer success experience or similar field (sales, pro services, consulting, technical enablement)
- Ability to travel 50%, while working from home the remaining 50%
- Significant experience working with Gainsight & Salesforce.
- Comfortable working remote
- Experience implementing new process within customer success.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.