Head of Professional Services, EMEA/APAC
- Dublin, Ireland
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
What are we looking for?
As the Head of EMEA / APAC Professional Services you will be responsible for controlling the day to day activities of the consulting organization and function reporting directly to the VP of EMEA Customer Success. You will have a lead role in building out the EMEA/APAC PS organization, assisting in the hiring, training and coaching of all future Consultants. As the team grows and expands you will be responsible for delegating projects to various team members based on the best alignment of skills, providing coaching and mentoring to ensure each team member is satisfying client needs and in general ensuring Consultants are remaining current on the Pluralsight technology platform and content. Finally, you will be responsible for making decisions that drive organizational efficiency and ensure there is no disruption to client project schedules.
The candidate for this role possesses a deep, enterprise-level understanding of technologies and technology-based skills & trends across multiple industries. The Head of EMEA / APAC Professional Services operates as an expert Pluralsight consultant, advising business customers in developing technology-oriented business goals (and strategic initiatives) by staying current on the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks. This is accomplished by combining previous enterprise SW Development, Security, DevOps, Data and IT experience with a knowledge of emerging technologies to create customized technology skills (learning) strategies. These strategies will require that you advise the customer on industry best practices, engage directly with the most senior customer executives and their technology teams, and in general lead delivery and services project lifecycles, ensuring each of the client’s needs are fully addressed. Additionally, this role requires strong facilitation and project management skills to lead customer discovery sessions, both remotely and on-site across Europe.
The Head of Professional Services - EMEA / APAC will possess a very specialized understanding of the Pluralsight library to align market and technology trends. This role requires both professional services demand creation and delivery responsibilities to identify scope and pricing to support sales requests from Pluralsight customers and the sales organization.
What you'll own:
- Function as the foremost expert on the Pluralsight Technology Platform & Content and Integration Strategies for EMEA/APAC
- Assist in defining the Professional Service strategy for EMEA/APAC, ensuring all services are aligned to the target market needs
- Serve as the EMEA/APAC business customer escalation point for content needs and deal statuses that hinge on content availability and alignment
- Define and report out on Professional Services key performance indicators for EMEA/APAC
- Approve any major changes to projects on behalf of other Professional Services Consultants and provide guidance on payment schedules and budgetary issues with clients for delivery of services
- Regularly consult with Executive Technology Leaders and SMEs, reinforcing the value Pluralsight provides based on each client’s specific business needs
- Provide specific, in-depth course, best practice, technology and integration recommendations, as requested by Pluralsight customers
- Function as the escalation point and primary liaison between sales and content leadership. This includes being the first resource to the sales team in answering content-related questions as well as influencing strategic decisions such as author onboarding, course development, and library roadmap
- Regularly engage with and support Pluralsight & sales teams, via meetings, coaching / mentoring sessions, and overall strategy consulting
- Identify training opportunities, product enhancements, and sales collateral that is beneficial to Pluralsight corporate sales goals, and assist in various capacities to produce / implement those new programs, features, and assets
- Serve as an input to product marketing to produce and maintain tools and other deliverables to support sales needs (FAQs, competitive comparisons, etc.)
- Serve as a consultant and key contributor to tools & resources that help improve the internal team’s working knowledge of Pluralsight learning content
Who you are:
- Field thought leader in emerging technologies & technology advancements. Experience speaking and contributing in technology conferences and expos, particularly in the field of learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding presentation skills for executive level presentations, enterprise sales and professional speaking engagements
- Strategic thinker who pays attention to detail, but isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and do what is required to get the job done. This could entail process documentation and development, creation of standard operating procedures or building sales enablement materials and project delivery templates
- Excellent business acumen with ability to translate complex technical subjects or features into value-based, strategic conversations
- Self-starter who is able to effectively time manage, prioritize, produce with autonomy, and provide visibility to key initiatives
Experience you’ll need:
- This Role will be based in Dublin and require travel of 50% + across Europe and be considered a field based professional services engagement management and professional services delivery role
- Experience with Software Development and Professional Services delivery methodologies including but not limited to "technical needs assessments," "software system analysis," "requirements gathering,"
- 15+ years’ enterprise-level customer engagement experience in at least two of the following industries; SW Development, DevOps, IT Operations, Information Security, Data Science
- 7+ years’ experience as a principal consultant or leader of consultants
- Experience supporting field services demand generation activities. This role will have both a bookings and revenue target
- Project Management and delivery experience in projects ranging from $30k USD to $500k USD. This role will have a services revenue target
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Master’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge and strategic understanding of prominent and emerging technologies & standards, e.g. Python, React, Angular, Vue.js, ITIL, NICE/NIST, OWASP, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, TDD, Adobe Creative Cloud, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, GraphQL, AWS, Azure, .NET Core, Spring, GCP, Blockchain, ML/AI, Deep Learning, NLP, SFIA, Containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Github, Windows, Linux, CompTIA, Cisco
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.