- Boston, MA
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
Pluralsight Iris is the learning intelligence platform built within Pluralsight. It helps technologists worldwide discover the learning they need to achieve their personal and career goals in technology.
As a data scientist on our core team, you will help us you will help us solve novel statistical, machine learning, and data science problems by building and improving on the intelligence of Iris. We are looking for an experienced data scientist who loves tackling ambiguous problems, finding creative and practical solutions, and producing concrete prototypes that will become a key part of Pluralsight’s user experience. You’ll work closely with an established team of top-notch, collaborative data scientists and you will collaborate with a cross-functional product team that is responsible for one of Pluralsight’s key differentiators.
Who you are:
- You have a strong foundation in Machine Learning, Computer Science, and Statistics.
- You have a creative mindset and excellent critical thinking skills.
- You know your way around SQL-like databases (e.g. PostGres, Impala, Hive) and even better if have experience with Spark and other big data platforms.
- You have mastery of Python programming and at least some exposure to R. Regardless of your favorite scientific computing environment, you can flex between the two languages.
- You are able to perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions, writing readable, scalable, and reproducible code.
- You have a solid data science toolkit that you can leverage, with knowledge of and understanding of how and when to apply different algorithms and technical approaches.
- You can describe and speak in an approachable way about complex analyses and concepts within a cross-functional team. You are a great “analytic translator”.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with the Iris product teams to define data science solutions needed to drive our user experience outcomes.
- You will create, iterate, and innovate on Iris algorithms and partner to implement them on the Pluralsight platform.
- You will guide the research and development of new product features, in alignment with product strategy
- You will propose and design experiments to test new product features and analyze their results.
Experience you’ll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related field
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years in a data science role, developing algorithms and building prototypes
- Experience working with product development teams and/or with developers
Working At Pluralsight
We're committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight and our mission inspires everything we do:
Creating Progress Through Technology That Lifts The Human Condition.
This is our North Star — it's the why and how behind all of our decisions. Since our start in 2004, we’ve chosen to grow in a way that will make our Mission a reality. We’ve raised over $190 million in funding and acquired five awesome startups (PeepCode, TrainSignal, Tekpub, Digital Tutors, & Code School) that have grown our platform in immense ways. We're growing quickly and we're looking for people who are passionate about making a serious impact on technology -- and the world. We invite you to help us create the future while doing the best work of your life.
Need more inspiration? Take a look at what others are saying on Glassdoor and on social media at #WeArePluralsight. Check out our awards as well, or find who you know on LinkedIn that works at Pluralsight and learn what drives their desire to make the world a better place. And it’s okay to be curious about our benefits- they’re one great example of our purpose-driven people programs that enable our teams to do amazing work.
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.