Senior Java Developer - 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
BetBuddy, part of Playtech Plc (PTEC:LSE), is a RegTech solution provider that has rapidly become the go-to offering that is helping the gaming industry meet stringent consumer protection regulatory requirements. BetBuddy applies state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology that enables operators to automatically assess consumer risk at high volume and velocity.
BetBuddy was acquired by Playtech, the world's largest gambling software supplier, and we are now looking for talented professionals to help us grow our business within the Playtech family, as we develop our solution to its next stage of evolution in the major regulated markets in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Java Developer, who has a passion for DevOps, to help develop the next evolution of the BetBuddy application. Our solution is a RegTech application that works in a data-rich environment and uses machine learning models to develop risk assessments of players. Whilst DevOps experience is not essential, a desire to build expertise in this area would be a distinct advantage.
We promote an active learning culture with regular lunch and learn activities, agile methodologies, and the possibility to do research on new technologies that may be incorporated in to the BetBuddy application. You will also have the possibility to learn from other members in the team since we have a peer-to-peer learning culture and we encourage knowledge sharing inside the team.
The successful Senior Java Software Engineer will
- Have a strong appreciation for quality agile engineering practices.
- Have experience as a Senior Developer in Java programming
- Have great experience in Spring Boot, Microservices
- Have good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms such as Azure/AWS
- Have strong knowledge of SQL and hibernate
- Be comfortable with Docker and Kubernetes
- Be comfortable with Nix based Operating Systems
- Have Experience in CI/CD
- Have good knowledge of API design
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated, passionate and interested in complex challenges
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Be able to answer team member questions, help with team member problems, and oversee team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Ultimately, be an all-round Software Engineer, who specialises in Back-end development but is also comfortable working across full-stack if required.
Knowledge and experience of any of the following is highly advantageous but not essential:
- Big Data
- Profiling and performance monitoring
- Experience of leading a team
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering role
- Extensive experience in programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Application Development
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.