DevOps Engineer - 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
We are based in the Holborn office and are the world’s leading developer and licensor of internet bingo products. Our multi-lingual and multi-currency bingo network offers the largest bingo prizes to be found, with peak traffic of over 20,000 concurrent players spread across 100+ skins. Developing bingo and networked gaming solutions for the online and mobile gambling industry, some of the worlds most renowned gaming operators, bookmakers, land-based operators and media companies use the Playtech bingo solution including; Mecca Bingo, GVC ( Gala, Ladbrokes ), William Hill, Bet365, Buzz Bingo, Flutter ( Paddy Power Betfair / Sky ) and Boylesports.
We believe that our exuberant, dedicated, and dynamic workforce, guided by our customer focused approach to business is the cornerstone on which we continue to build the success of the business. Therefore, we continue to attract the top companies in the industry as partners.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies.
For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
Playtech have a vacancy for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Bingo Infrastructure team in London.
You will be responsible for the set-up, configuration and maintenance of the Playtech Bingo platform, coupled with management of the scalability, performance, availability and health of the system by using open-source tools. Another key element to this position is to enable automation of processes, such as build, testing, deployment, and distribution to increase productivity.
- Facilitate and support the agile development cycle
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies
- Install, configure and maintain development, testing, staging and production environments
- Maintain tools for configuration management, build, integration, deployment, reporting and monitoring
- Develop the required scripts to support the automation of processes
- Detect and resolve security, performance and availability issues
- Technologies such as Kafka, Kibana, Grafana or Elastic Search
- Experience of working with NoSQL databases – Postgres, Couchbase or InfluxDB
- Demonstrable experience of “containers” – Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools
- Hands-on experience of code and script writing
- Monitoring for cloud-based applications and microservices architectures
- CI / CD tools and processes
- Scala, Akka, Redis
- Developing and managing Java based applications
- Firewalls and Load Balancers
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.
At Playtech diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we are an equal opportunities employer, all applications will be considered regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and religion.