Senior Java Developer 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.6,400 employees across 24 countries.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/18717
Watch us on YouTube youtube.com/c/PlaytechChannel
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA Engineers, Front End Developers, through to the Product and Marketing team.
You are expected to assist with software design patterns, assess areas of weakness within the software infrastructure and work within the team to design and implement superior methodologies and ship them to production. Like any Production stack, ours requires maintenance to ensure reliability and traceability for our 30K+ (and growing) concurrent users.
Candidates will be focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning, scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
The main duties and responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to:-
- Technical Leadership of projects
- Design, code, and debug core platform components
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code
- Cooperate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed, and maintained to a high standard
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team Active participation in agile scrum process.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Our applications span over 15 years of development and range from traditional Monoliths to modern Micro Service paradigms. Our tech stack is just as broad, and includes (but not limited to):
- Java 8
- Spring BOOT / Spring MVC
- Oracle / Postgres SQL
- Apache Kafka
- Jenkins / CI / CD
- Junit with Mockito
Experience & Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in professional software development
- A degree (with honours) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Core Java
- Software Design Patterns
- Technical leadership
- Team leadership of a small technical team
- Database Design (NoSQL / SQL)
- OO and Functional Programming
- Distributed Computing and API Integration best practices
- Enterprise Java – covering several of the following: Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, Struts, JSP or JMS
- Good Communication Skills
- Akka / Actor pattern
- Google Cloud Platform
- ELK (Elastic Search / Logstash / Kibana)
- Reactive Streams
- Scala, Python, Bash
Degree education preferred but not essential
Our brand-new Holborn office houses the world’s leading developer and licensor of internet bingo products. We believe that our exuberant, dedicated, and dynamic workforce, guided by our customer-focused approach to business is the cornerstone on which we continue to build the success of the business. Therefore, we continue to attract the top companies in the industry as partners.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
At Playtech diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we are an equal opportunities employer, all applications will be considered regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and religion.