Systems Administrator - 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.6,400 employees across 24 countries.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/18717
Watch us on YouTube youtube.com/c/PlaytechChannel
Playtech Bingo have a vacancy for an experienced Systems Administrator to join the Infrastructure team in London.
You will be responsible for the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of the Playtech Bingo platform, coupled with management of the scalability, performance, availability, and health of the system. This role requires in depth knowledge of Linux, Cisco Firewalls & Switches, F5 Load Balancers and HP Servers / Storage in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Support of all Linux servers, storage, and related operating systems software.
- Support of the network infrastructure.
- Provide a structured, hands-on approach to issue resolution, infrastructure projects and environment management.
- Ensure the security of data, systems, network access and backup systems.
- Participate in an on-call rota for production incidents (incentivised).
- Adhere to clearly defined change management procedures.
- Install, configure and maintain the development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth experience of Linux systems administration.
- Networking & load balancing products – Cisco, F5 BIG-IP and Checkpoint.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, ACL’s.
- A proactive attitude to systems administration is essential.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- HP Server / Blade hardware, iLO and 3Par/Primera storage products.
- Linux and shell scripting skills.
- Monitoring software products such as Nagios, Grafana and Prometheus.
- Automation & Configuration Management tools – Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Docker and Ansible.
- Supporting and managing Java / J2EE based web sites.
- Load Balancing, persistence, and failover.
- Knowledge of PHP / Perl / Python and the ability to build on and use Open Source tools/projects.
- Application Servers such as Oracle Web Logic or Tomcat.
- Virtualisation products – VMWare.
- Backup & Restore utilities – VEEAM.
- Dashboards & Visualisation tools – Elastic Search & Kibana.
- Familiarization with Jira Server administration
We’re proud of our awesome new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End. Of course, as of most of other tech companies we went full remote during the pandemic and it worked out unexpectedly well, thanks to all of our amazing colleagues and especially IT. At the same time, it’ll be great to see each other in person again when the world is back to normal. In part because our office is a really great place!
It houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. in normal times our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
At Playtech diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we are an equal opportunities employer, all applications will be considered regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and religion.