Junior Full Stack Developer - 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.6,400 employees across 24 countries.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/18717
Watch us on YouTube youtube.com/c/PlaytechChannel
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations.
We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules and regulations. We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps.
This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
As full-stack developer you will be working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration and deployment and will take up key role in the team.
Focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning and scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers
As an organization, we provide white label products which required multi-language, configurable, maintainable, stable, readable, performant and innovative product solutions. These core principles drive our technology choices. Our use of unit tests and automation ensure that we are confident that our new features won’t break anything.
We develop for only recent browser versions so we can use the latest and greatest features.
Just to name a few:
- Webpack 4
- HTML 5
- Core Java
- Enterprise Java – covering several of the following: Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, Struts, JSP or JMS
- RESTful Web Services or SOAP Web Services
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, code and debug core platform components
- Work at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Provide coaching to other team members
- Collaborate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
- Promote high code standards within the team
- Maintain and enhance existing product code
- Active participation in agile scrum process
- Excellent Communication Skills
Experience & Skills
- 1+ years of experience in professional software development
- A degree (with honours) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Formal OO programming training/experience.
- Design overall architecture of the web performant web application
- Experience in modern Web technologies
- Webpack, NodeJS, NPM, ES6 modules, CSS (and/or Less/Sass), Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- You know how to build multi-platform, multi-lingual product (desktop, mobile)
- Experience working with large codebases
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new feature
- We are using HTML5 interfaces so it would be great if you know web-sockets, browser storages and canvas
- Microservices and Cloud technologies
- Build and architect JS components/frameworks
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act