Java Developer 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
BetBuddy, part of Playtech Plc (PTEC:LSE), is a RegTech solution provider that has rapidly become the go-to offering that is helping the gaming industry meet stringent consumer protection regulatory requirements. BetBuddy applies state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology that enables operators to automatically assess consumer risk at high volume and velocity.
BetBuddy was acquired by Playtech, the world's largest gambling software supplier, and we are now looking for talented professionals to help us grow our business within the Playtech family, as we develop our solution to its next stage of evolution in the major regulated markets in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Java Developer, who has a passion for DevOps, to help develop the next evolution of the BetBuddy application. Our solution is a RegTech application that works in a data-rich environment and uses machine learning models to develop risk assessments of players. Whilst DevOps experience is not essential, a desire to build expertise in this area would be a distinct advantage.
We promote an active learning culture with regular lunch and learn activities, agile methodologies, and the possibility to do research on new technologies that may be incorporated in to the BetBuddy application. You will also have the possibility to learn from other members in the team since we have a peer-to-peer learning culture and we encourage knowledge sharing inside the team.
The role will provide extensive exposure to tech 'mega trends' like AI, Big Data, Cloud, Microservices, and you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver the next phase in the evolution of our award-winning product. You will have the possibility to expand and deepen your knowledge in system integration and automation with big data. You will also have an active role in our internal system setup as well as with our customers. The role is for a java developer that will take part in developing new and improve existing functionality. In addition to the development you will also be participating and defining the deployment, monitoring and upgrading processes for our internal systems as well as for our customers.
The successful Java Software Engineer will
- Have extensive experience of programming in JAVA
- Have extensive experience of developing REST APIs
- Have good knowledge and experience of using Spring framework esp. Spring Boot
- Have good experience of using relational databases and SQL
- Have experience of using containerised application technologies e.g. Docker
- Have experience of using git, GitHub
- Have good understanding of Microservices architecture pattern
- Be familiar with CI/CD concepts
- Have experience of using unit testing libraries
- Be comfortable with Nix based Operating Systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment / multi-disciplinary Scrum team
- Have excellent communication skills
Knowledge and experience of any of the following is highly advantageous but not essential
- Docker, K8S
- Azure, AWS
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in software engineering role
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
At Playtech diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we are an equal opportunities employer, all applications will be considered regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and religion.