Software Engineer (Embedded) - £35K - £45K
- Back Piccadilly, Manchester, UK
Playtech – Global leader in gaming platforms and content
Our team of 6,000+ in 24 countries provides the most innovative solutions in the industry.
Our Manchester offices host the leading supplier of management systems to the bricks-and-mortar casino industry. We provide the platforms that run the leading casinos and resorts from Monte Carlo to Mendoza, Santiago to Sochi, Manila to Marrakesh and Saigon to Salford.
We are looking to expand our team with talented individuals who can help us continue to disrupt this dynamic industry, with cleverly designed solutions and leading-edge technology.
You will be building embedded systems which connect electronic gaming machines to our system. We install an embedded device in each slot machine, which interfaces to the machine and provides players with access to a variety of payment and loyalty services via a touchscreen web app.
In this role, we would expect you to be:
An experienced contributor to our C++ embedded projects
A team player who is adaptable and able to work with a wide range of people and problems
Eager to learn and exploit emerging technologies
Should you wish, you will have the opportunity to travel and engage with the users of the system.
Our main strength is the diversity of our team and the variety of backgrounds we represent.
We want you to bring your personality and perspective to help us drive our business forward.
For this role, we expect:
- Degree or relevant experience in software engineering.
- 2 years minimum experience of embedded C/C++ software development, preferably in a Linux or RTOS environment.
- Able to write robust, efficient, maintainable code within the limitations of an embedded environment.
- Proficient in embedded debugging and fault finding.
- Experience of project management system (TFS/Jira)
- Software testing and documentation.
- Familiar with serial, USB and TCP/IP communications.
- Ability to work alone or in a team.
- Experienced with the use of source code control.
- NXP iMX series processors.
- Experience of interfacing to peripheral interfaces.
- Gaming industry experience.
- SAS protocol.
- Multi-threaded application development.
- Libwebsocket communications.
At Playtech diversity and inclusion is a priority for us and we are an equal opportunities employer, all applications will be considered regardless of race, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and religion.