- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
We are based in the Holborn office and are the world’s leading developer and licensor of internet bingo products. Our multi-lingual and multi-currency bingo network offers the largest bingo prizes to be found, with peak traffic of over 20,000 concurrent players spread across 100+ skins. Developing bingo and networked gaming solutions for the online and mobile gambling industry, some of the worlds most renowned gaming operators, bookmakers, land-based operators and media companies use the Playtech bingo solution including; Mecca Bingo, Entain Group, William Hill, Bet365, Buzz Bingo, Flutter ( Paddy Power Betfair / Sky ) and Boylesports.
We believe that our exuberant, dedicated, and dynamic workforce, guided by our customer focused approach to business is the cornerstone on which we continue to build the success of the business. Therefore, we continue to attract the top companies in the industry as partners. Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 6,000 people located in 24 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
Playtech Bingo have a vacancy for an experienced Systems Administrator to join the Infrastructure team in London.
You will be responsible for the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of the Playtech Bingo platform, coupled with management of the scalability, performance, availability, and health of the system. This role requires in depth knowledge of Linux, Cisco Firewalls & Switches, F5 Load Balancers and HP Servers / Storage in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Support of all Linux servers, storage, and related operating systems software.
- Support of the network infrastructure.
- Provide a structured, hands-on approach to issue resolution, infrastructure projects and environment management.
- Ensure the security of data, systems, network access and backup systems.
- Participate in an on-call rota for production incidents (incentivised).
- Adhere to clearly defined change management procedures.
- Install, configure and maintain the development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth experience of Linux systems administration.
- Networking & load balancing products – Cisco, F5 BIG-IP and Checkpoint.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, ACL’s.
- A proactive attitude to systems administration is essential.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- HP Server / Blade hardware, iLO and 3Par/Primera storage products.
- Linux and shell scripting skills.
- Monitoring software products such as Nagios, Grafana and Prometheus.
- Automation & Configuration Management tools – Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Docker and Ansible.
- Supporting and managing Java / J2EE based web sites.
- Load Balancing, persistence, and failover.
- Knowledge of PHP / Perl / Python and the ability to build on and use Open Source tools/projects.
- Application Servers such as Oracle Web Logic or Tomcat.
- Virtualisation products – VMWare.
- Backup & Restore utilities – VEEAM.
- Dashboards & Visualisation tools – Elastic Search & Kibana.
- Familiarization with Jira Server administration
The technical division of Playtech Bingo consists of almost 100 people, with 25 Front End Developers, 25 Backend Java Developers, 25 QA Testers, 6 Agile Project Managers and a team of infrastructure specialists that consists of Systems Administrators, a WebLogic Administrator and Oracle / Couchbase DBA’s.
Here at Playtech, we strive to constantly innovate - adding new applications and functionality to our already impressive product suite. You will find yourself working alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry, with all of them consistently delivering quality work to ensure our brand remains at the forefront of the gaming industry.