Legal Counsel 
- Bayside Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more.
For additional information about Playtech and the Playtech Group of Companies, please visit www.playtech.com
Playtech is looking for an experienced lawyer preferably based in Gibraltar, to join a growing legal team. This role would suit someone with a passion for technology who is a quick thinker, business minded and methodical. Your primary responsibilities would involve supporting procurement transactions around the world, with a view to expanding responsibilities over time. While reporting to the Head of Legal (Operations and Procurement) you shall be working closely with stakeholders across all departments and subsidiaries on a wide variety of new engagements as well as renewals, including for software, hardware, services, SAAS, reseller, referral agreements, RFPs and OEMs, in support of senior management, procurement, finance, R&D, IT, information security, compliance, marketing, human resources teams, serving a senior member of the team.
- Law degree and active membership in a bar association is required
- Experience as a practicing commercial/technology lawyer at a national or international law firm
- extensive experience drafting and negotiating inbound technology transactions
- Ability to work independently while multitasking
- Solid people and project management skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Accountability and responsiveness
- Someone who is prepared to challenge assumptions, question the obvious and innovate
- Decision making abilities and strong business acumen
- Impeccable English, written and spoken
- Compatibility with highly multi-cultural settings
- Sense of humour
- Quick learner
- Strong service orientation
- Knowledge of data privacy (including GDPR compliance) and open source licensing issues
- International and in-house experience
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, private medical insurance, many job perks as well as a fantastic team culture. In addition, you'll get the opportunity to work in the gaming industry with one of the top teams in the sector. You'll get the chance to grow as a professional as well as the opportunity to invest in your educational growth.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all interested candidates. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please reach out to [email protected]
Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with GDPR requirements.