Senior Backend Developer 
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
We are Playtech, market leaders in the gambling and financial trading industries.
Leaders in next generation technology and content, regulated markets and responsible gambling.
Pioneers of Omni-channel gambling offering seamless anytime anywhere gameplay, the ultimate gaming experience and the best-performing content.
Innovators in games design, software and services, and data-driven optimization.
We deliver the complete solution and game-changing results for the world’s biggest brands.
One-stop Shop for Gaming Operators.
Playtech is the world’s largest online gaming software supplier traded on the London Stock Exchange Main Market, offering cutting-edge, value added solutions to the industry’s leading operators. Since Playtech’s inception in 1999, its approach has been centered on the continual development of best-of-breed gaming products and content, and its success built upon strong partnerships with our licensees.
As a Senior Backend developer in our Mobile Native team, you will become a member of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office is a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately proves fulfilling.
Technically, we’re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible. Your role as a Backend Developer will be to create and maintain our sports related APIs and integrations, develop new features per clients requirements and keeping the services up to date, ensuring the APIs performance and scalability.
- Development of our Sportsbook product backend
- Integrating with our Sportsbook provider to develop clean APIs to our Frontend team
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure stability and scalability of our infra
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- Golang preferred, but strong background with other backend languages (PHP, Java, Nodejs) will be considered
- Expertise with SQL/NoSQL databases and structures
- Experience with microservices with cloud platforms
- Familiarity with AWS/GCP platforms
- Understanding of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience implementing and working with Websockets
- Experience working with Redis
- Good understanding of client-server architecture and web protocols
- Good communication skills in English, in speech as well as writing
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or similar
- Experience RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of Scrum or Kanban principles, experience with JIRA
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- Outside interest in programming reflected by a blog/portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.