Java Developer, Bingo
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
Playtech is the world’s largest online gaming software supplier traded on the London Stock Exchange, offering cutting-edge, value-added solutions to the industry’s leading operators. Company’s business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Gala, Coral, William Hill, Netplay, Betfred, Mansion, Bet365, etc.
Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services. Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds games.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations.
We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules/regulations (e.g., UK UKGC, Italy). We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps.
Our development team in Kyiv has a key role in modernising and enhancing the Bingo platform, designing and developing a new suite of tools which will take Bingo to the next level.
This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA Engineers, Front End Developers, through to the Product and Marketing team.
You are expected to assist with software design patterns, assess areas of weakness within the software infrastructure and work within the team to design and implement superior methodologies and ship them to production. Like any Production stack, ours requires maintenance to ensure reliability and traceability for our 30K+ (and growing) concurrent users.
Candidates will be focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using modern technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning, scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
- Design, code and debug core platform components
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code
- Cooperate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team
- Active participation in agile scrum process
- Help, support and share knowledge with colleagues within the team
- 3+ years of experience in professional software development
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Experience with Spring Framework ecosystem (Core, Boot, Web, Cloud, Security, Data, Test and other)
- Practical understanding of software design patterns and data structures
- Understanding of OOP and OOD principles
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and CI/CD concepts
- Experience of using relational databases and SQL
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with troubleshooting live issues in production environment
- Good communication skills
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
About the Team:
The technical division of our Playtech Bingo office currently comprises of 3 Agile teams, which consist of Java Back End developers, Front End developers, QA Engineers and Testers, Automation Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, DevOps Engineers and Technical Architects. These teams are supported by infrastructure specialists which consists of Linux Systems Administrators, Site Reliability Engineers, WebLogic Administrators and Database Administrators.