Commercial Manager 
- Bayside Road, Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more.
For additional information about Playtech and the Playtech Group of Companies, please visit www.playtech.com
Reporting into the Regional Director, we are looking for a superstar Commercial Manager, Sports to maximize financial performance of all Playtech Sports products within agreed territories. This is achieved through both strategic planning, effective customer account management, and implementation alongside ongoing tactical executions.
This position is responsible for increasing and managing the revenue from a portfolio of key account customers on a day to day basis and supporting the overall business plans. The position will also be responsible for pursuing new sales opportunities and delivering new commercial contracts in the designated territories.
As our Commercial Manager, Sports your routine day-to-day activities will include but will not be limited to:
Customer Strategy & PR of PTS within the Customer Organisation
• Initial contact point for all commercial and operational matters with relevant customer stakeholders.
• Main contact point for internal stakeholders ensuring Exec members and senior colleagues are up to date regarding latest communication with the Customer
• Escalation point for the Delivery Manager and Trading Product Manager to ensure effective day to day liaison/messaging with the Customers
• Organising and chairing Steer Co and senior stakeholder meetings between PBS and Customer
Retention of Existing Customers & Upselling new Products and Channels
• Full understanding of customer contracts and obligations of both parties (and effective management of)
• Support the Regional Director on all contract negotiations. – includes managing internal Legal as well as the customer and implementing timely and appropriate commercial escalations.
• Upselling to existing clients, Products and Channels not currently supplied by PTS (i.e. upsell to an existing SSBT customer means a product that requires a contract addendum – for example, Odds Wall, Playtech Virtuals, Till, Digital client)
• Increase terminal density, both rental and sale of terminals to existing customers in line with agreed customer strategy
• New sales of PTS products in the territory to new customers.
Overall achievement of Revenue Budget
• Support the Regional Director in the formulation of annual Revenue Targets.
• Regular and timely reviews of performance with actions implemented to improve revenues
• Achievement of Revenue Budget and full understanding of the levers that influence/change Revenue performance
• Ensure effective, accurate and timely billing
• Reforecasting and target setting
Feature development – creation and sponsorship
• Challenging and finalising customer requests, ensuring requests are rejected and re-scoped as appropriate via working with all internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure agreed developments form part of either Core or Customer specific roadmap, based upon PBS requirements
• Responsibility to evaluate current product propositions and identify new feature development opportunities for the Core product
• Creation of Business Cases for the Core and Customer developments and assume role of Project Sponsor for such development request. Therefore, responsible for internal lobbying and prioritisation
• Ensure accurate sizing of all development requests within agreed timelines and challenge Product and Solution if size estimates are excessive
• Work with Project Manager to ensure on-time and in-scope delivery to customer
• Comprehensive knowledge of the PTS product range, especially the aspects that generate incremental customer revenues or queries
• High level knowledge of key Product, Trading (Content and Risk Management) & Delivery Management/Customer Services functions so can answer/resolve basic questions
• Strong relationship with Product, Trading (Content and Risk Management) & Delivery Management/Customer Services teams to ensure escalations dealt with effectively
• Full understanding of Product/Technology roadmaps, senior Customer Stakeholder communication and the prioritising of Customer deployments (i.e. Ladbrokes before BetFred)
• Understanding of competitor products and offerings including regular review and identification of opportunities and threats
Reliability / Operations
• Full understanding of key operational KPIs for individual operators – not just downtime but bet placement times, restarts etc. Agree comms plans with Delivery Manager
• Escalation point for the Delivery Manager for significant reliability issues (e.g. system wide outages, failing operational KPIs) and strong internal relationships established to ensure full understanding of issues, both during the outage and afterwards
• Responsible for customer communication during and post ‘significant reliability issue’ with the objective of minimising any contractual claim (either financial penalty or that the issue created a SLA failure) and leaving the customer more confident in our system and processes (i.e. we have learned from the issue and it won’t happen again)
• Understanding of Territory Commercial position and opportunities.
• Knowledge of the Regulatory position and associated Compliance rules.
• Understanding and influence within territory via key influential publications and trade shows.
• Strong understanding of and passion for sports
• Experience in the online gaming/iGaming industry
• Previous experience as a Commercial/Account Manager in a B2B/ B2C capacity
• Experience working with or managing international customers
• Service and business orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability in managing detailed technical information
• Proven negotiation and strong sales skills
• Willingness to travel to UK/ Europe
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, private medical insurance, many job perks as well as a fantastic team culture. In addition, you'll get the opportunity to work in the gaming industry with one of the top teams in the sector. You'll get the chance to grow as a professional as well as the opportunity to invest in your educational growth.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all interested candidates. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please reach out to [email protected]
Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with GDPR requirements.